cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

WhispersQSMB

Sharing this as he asked to spread his word and help someone lurking to take that first step to quit COPD

Mike has decided to share his story and try to help others quit, he didnt listen earlier and hopes someone out there lurking will.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
16 Replies
YoungAtHeart

This picture IS worth a thousand words.  I am so sorry for his struggle. 

This fight against addiction really IS a matter of life and breath.  Thank him for the reminder.

Nancy

sweetplt

Ditto to what Nancy YoungAtHeart said above me...

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Thank you for sharing this.  I hope it inspires others.

Barb

0 Kudos
marciem

Good to see you, Whispers.

Thank you for sharing this!  If it inspires one person to quit or keep their quit, it is amazingly helpful.  

WhispersQSMB

Good to see you as well, Marciem

I'm getting the hang of the layout, in no time I'll be cruising

marciem

hmmm... apologies if this shows up twice, Whispers...

I'm still learning to navigate here myself.  It isn't as intuitive as QSMB was, or others like it.  But I'm getting there.  I'm sure you'll catch on quickly!!

0 Kudos
WhispersQSMB

I'm learning as well, and all is good. Finding recent topics and a daily pledge i look around for. Mike is brave to share this, he doesnt update much but as he does i will forward. He just made his post public as it was set to private

My mother had emphysema and on Oxygen tanks/machine most of the day. Before it got real bad for her when it was windy out she would complain about breathing, i always walk into the wind now to check my lungs after her complaints. She begged me to quit after she found out in 2004, i didnt listen till years later. 

marciem

The pledge thread is done differently here, it is a one-a-month dated thread that each person posts to daily or as often as they like, taking the hand before them and offering their hand to support the next person.  Kind of chummy and nice  .  I'm not sure where it is kept but it's there...

I look forward to you keeping us updated on Mike!

WhispersQSMB

Ok, i got it. Thank you

0 Kudos