cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Netty03

Day 4 my friends 🤗

Hello all!

so I’m on day 4 cold turkey/acupuncture. Doing good, my appetite has remained the same so far, no headache or irritation. I am noticing that I am a lot more tired than normal. Waking up in the morning takes a little longer...and I find myself tired earlier than usual. 

10 Replies
Barbscloud

Big congrats on day 4.   Feeling tired is normal-you're body needs to heal.   Keep up the good work.

Barb

Netty03

Thanks

0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

I've never known anyone who did acupuncture. Let us know how it's working for you, for sure. Being tired is part of withdrawal from nicotine. We've discovered together that not having that drug in our system causes so many changes it can be awhile before we settle into our new normal. It's great that you're aware of these changes, and can adjust to them. So glad you're here, and congratulations!

TW517

Yay!  Good for you!  Day 4 was when I started to notice some physical benefits like easier breathing, tasting things more, etc.  Your are doing great!

0 Kudos
elvan

Great job, you are doing this the only way it can be done, one day at a time.  Stay close and let us know if you feel like you need help.  You can write a blog with HELP as the subject and let us know what is going on, we will try our best to talk you down.

I did acupuncture for severe pain, it must have done something because when I was at the acupuncture place, sitting in my huge recliner and listening to soothing music, smelling faint scents of incense...I fell asleep and my snoring woke me up, how embarrassing.

Ellen

0 Kudos
indingrl

CONGRATS 4 DAYS!

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

I tried acupuncture once along with many other things.  I quit for a few months, but can only blame myself for starting again.   Many aids can help, but you still have to do the work.

sweetplt

Netty03 Whoo Hoo so happy for you...you keep it going...this happened to me...more tired, slept like a rock...which I found better than not sleeping, after a couple of weeks I picked up my exercise routine a bit...I needed to give myself a bit more energy...however, in the early days your body is healing and if it is tired .. get the rest...Happy Friday ...~ Colleen 235 DOF 

Netty03

Thank you so much!!! I was actually thinking of working out but was afraid it might be to much to quickly. After reading your post I’ll let my body adjust to its changes than begin to incorporate exercise into my routine. Thanks again for sharing your experience with me!

0 Kudos