cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

NicMensinga

Day 2.. bone crushing fatigue..

Hi everyone,

Day 2 for me today.. I have no desire to smoke. Wearing at mid strength patch which is enough to take away any cravings. I forget how tired I get when I stop smoking. Without the stimulating effects of nicotine every hour, I am bone tired.. I can barely function. I am lucky I have 2 days off work to rest. I might just read a book in the sun soon to get some vitamin D. Does anyone else feel like this? 

For people that read my last post, I have written my impact statement for court and feel relief, although that has drained me mentally and physically. So I have that on top of quitting smoking.. I really really want to stick with it this time! 

I hope you all are having a lovely day

0 Kudos
14 Replies
TriGirl

I didn't but my husband did. He actually got pneumonia!! His doctor said a lot of people get really sick when first quitting. Just hang in there and no matter what, don't do it!!! Did u make a list of things to do instead? I swear if I kept my mind busy for 5 minutes while I got involved in something else, the craving would pass every time. 

NicMensinga

Wow!! I just had a cold/flu as well which hasn't helped. Having thyroid issues and adrenal fatigue don't help either... I know in a few days I will feel ok again... It's just not worth it at all!! I have heaps of things to do instead.. Ride my bike, gym, colour in, read, netflix.. It's only when I get fully triggered with my current situation of losing my partner that I can't seem to focus on anything but smoking. I have to do it this time! 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Your body is working extra hard in the background to heal itself from all that smoking did to it.  If it needs rest - then REST!  Do whatever it takes to get through these early days.

GOOD  job getting that impact statement done.  That was probably a bit draining, as well.

You are doing GREAT!  Keep it up!

Nancy

NicMensinga

Thanks Nancy! Yes I have smoked for a good part of 11 months. Before that it was only 2-3 smokes once a month, but my partner would hide them once we were done and I would get used to that. I don't want them in my life at all now.

Thanks  Yes the statement was extremely draining. Reliving my trauma has not been fun.. Monday is court day so I expect I will be a bit all over the place until this is over...

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Good that you are quit  now or this would definitely be a chain-smoke event.  I REMEMBER how awful my lungs felt after such a spell - it was as though I was breathing fire.

You should be very proud that you are maintaining your quit through all of this.  I am!

Nancy

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Many of us got tired and fatigued when we first quit smoking NicMensinga I rested to heal my body and I got moving at times to pick it up and get that dopamine...keep busy and drink lots of water...You can do this...~ Colleen 233 DOF

Barbara145

You are doing great.  Lots of water and vitamins too will help a bit.  Take good care of you, mentally, physically and spiritually.

NicMensinga

Thanks! Yep I am just going with what my body wants. Lots of rest... I am lucky I have the opportunity at the moment. Feeling a little better today on day 3.. Still waking at 4am but I have been like that for years..

Barbscloud

Many people do get quite sick when they quit.  Don't forget you just eliminated thousands of chemical from you body, not just nicotine.  You're body is going to react.  I'm glad you got your statement done.   I'm sure that was emotionally exhausting, but a task that is done.   Give your body some time to heal and rest.  You deserve it.

Barb