cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Giulia

Does vaping taste good?

I'm curious: as an ex smoker having quit on several occasions and then gone back, that first hit of a cigarette tastes really nasty.  Even if I hadn't smoked for a day (because of a cold or some ailment), that first puff made me slightly dizzy and did not taste the way I remembered it.  For those of you who have quit vaping and then gone back to it, do you have the same experience or is vaping in general tastier?  (I'm not asking because I have any desire to try it as a 13 year non smoker, just want to have a greater understanding of it's nature.)

Tags (2)
24 Replies
avian3

I don't have an answer. I guess I just feel like venting about them.

First of all, thank God I didn't know about them when I first decided to quit. I'm sure I would have become addicted to those thinking they were better for me than smoking.

And the ads literally make me laugh......"they made the switch...." as if that is something to be proud of, switching from one addiction to another. Also, just as they did with cigarette ads, they present them as though they were classy, sexy and fun.

Anyway, I just needed to get that off my chest.  

Sootie

Yes----it was the same when they decided to manufacture low tar cigarettes......"lights". The commercials were all abotu "make the switch".

All BS.

nelsomt

It's never been that way for me, I've "quit" and relapsed about 5 times and the only negative is the chest tightness. They market it well, flavor it thoroughly, and it always tastes fine. Making it all the more difficult to STOP.

Vaperlove

I agree, hence my name on here. I had to throw mine away and it was because of chest tightness.

0 Kudos
Nursemom0316

I just started my cutting back to get ready for my Nov. 1st quit date.  What do you think besides the craving led you to relapse? The main and most important thing is that your here, your trying. And it helps me to know I'm not alone in the strong hold vaping has on me. I'll keep going if you do!  And I get that same tightness. They also did permanent damage to my veins and arteries causing extreme pain when I walk. So lungs aren't all the vapes can damage. Best wishes for a successful quit, they do say practice makes perfect. 

Vaperlove

I relapsed because I found a vape and pod that I didn't throw away. I can't have any mods or vape juice around me. I'm still using nicotine gum. 

0 Kudos
Nursemom0316

I know in my mind that I will have to get rid of everything on my quit day

too, or I will for sure fail. I'm using Chantix and the Lozenges.

On Tue, Oct 1, 2019, 9:44 PM Vaperlove <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

It is my understand that the juice comes in a variety of flavors - to appeal to young folks - get them hooked - and have a customer for life.  So I would presume that vaping tastes good.  But I don't really have any experience with it. 

0 Kudos
Giulia

avian3‌  Yes, I feel the same way.  If I had known about vaping when I was trying to quit cigs I'd probably still be hooked on them.  Especially if they taste good as you suggest nelsomt‌ and have different flavors.   Thanks for the info.