cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jfarrell0127

I’ve been doing the 4mg nicotine mints for 12 days now and want to switch to the patch. What dose of patch should I use?

Ive Ben using the 4mg mints for 12 days now and I want to switch to the patch. I was a 2 pack a day smoker. What grade of patch should I use since I’ve been using the patch for 12 days?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Gwenivere

21mg patches are the highest you can get.  You might need the gum for back up as you get stabilized and then start stepping down as you can.  My doc said the box program is a guideline.  I’m at 7 months and still using the 7mg patch and a few 2mg lozenges a day.  Doc said the program on patches was a guideline.  Check with yours as they should know from the start so you have backup.  Good luck!

0 Kudos

It depends on how many 4mg mints you used a day. Each 4mg mint delivers what you'd get smoking 4 cigarettes

Are those mints stopping thoughts of smoking?

nelsomt

Wow....one mint is the equivalent of 4 smokes. Puts it in perspective.

0 Kudos
elvan

Are you doing anything else to help with your quit?  Have you read about this addiction and are you reading blogs here?  I stayed very close to the site, came here every morning and every evening and after more than 5 1/2 years, I am still coming back.  It helps to stay committed.  You CAN do this, it is a one day at a time journey.  JonesCarpeDiem‌ can help you determine your dose for the patch.  

Welcome to EX,

Ellen

0 Kudos