Give and get support around quitting

Netty03

Day 1-

Good Morning all,

today is day day one for me. So far so good, hoping I can stay strong  

Tags (1)
14 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Congratulations on your day #1  Make it a Day Won by reading and studying the suggested material.  Do not take it lightly.  Education is the strength you will need in order to have a successful quit.  Hope is great but you also have to do the work of changing the way you think.  Tell yourself that you do not need to have a cigarette when those urges come.  Are you going to use any NRT's or are you going the cold turkey route.  Stay close we are here to support you.  NOPE no matter what.  Make a pledge today if you haven't already.  One day at a time Daily Pledge 

Netty03

Thanks Jackie1-25-15! I’m going cold turkey. I’ve used the patch and gum in the past multiple times. Each time I went back to smoking, I believe it’s because I was still feeding my nicotine addiction. This time I am doing acupuncture/cold turkey.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

"NOT ONE PUFF EVER"

WILL KEEP YOU FREE

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

GO!

Netty03

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Netty03

YESSSSS!!!!

AnnetteMM

Your strength comes in the acceptance of your addiction to nicotine, which it sounds like you have. I believe you were right in thinking the patch, etc., fed the addiction and kept you in withdrawal. This time will be different because YOU are different!

Go-You.png

Netty03

Thank you!!!

0 Kudos