cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Gwenivere

Utter frustration

I’m now well into 7 months of no cigs.  Still using small amounts of NRT's.  I’ve written other posts about my lonely situation so need to rehash that.

I comment very little because I don’t feel good for doing this.  One of the biggest things it has done is messed up my existing thyroid and anxiety conditions so I now feel worse than ever.  I’ve coincidentally developed balance problems so hence another doctor.  

I dont know why why I really wrote this as pats on the back or yippee's don’t help. Just needed a safe place to vent.  I don’t know if anyone else felt this way.  Going in was tough and I hoped to be feeling something good for it, but I don’t.  Not enough to start smoking again, but damn, just a sliver of this was a good thing.  

15 Replies
Barbara145

Hi Gwen.  Good to see you.  Remember your gratitude list.  Yoga is wonderful for balance  They have chair yoga classes.  Sending prayers your way.

indingrl

No worried - Vent again and again and again - Love venting - DO what YOU gotta DO for YOU- NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF OVER YOU EVER- gentle hug❤ 

sweetplt

Hi Gwenivere ... no yippee’s or whoo hoo’s ... just hello...and still wishing you would start to feel better...I hate this for you...~ glad you came and wrote how you feel...~ we are always here for you no matter...~ xoxoxox Colleen 227 DOF 

Sootie

I, too, am sorry you are getting no pleasure from not smoking. Wish I had something to suggest but I don't so I will just say I am praying things will turn around for you at some point.

elvan

I SO wish that I could help, wish there was some magic wand that would make everything better...ALL of it.  Please don't worry about venting,  that has saved many of us.

Hugs,

Ellen

Gwenivere

Thank you all.  It’s so helpful to be able to vent and know wonderful people are there for you.  

Barbscloud

Always willing to listen.  I'm also sorry your'e not feeling any better.   

Barb

gregp136

Yes, life can be a real stinker sometimes.  It does not always give us what we expect, or even need.  Hang in there!  The sun will eventually rise.

maryfreecig

Ok, I won't pat you on the back this time but I'm sending a great big hug. Can't help it. Got to.