cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

laureenn_182

beat cravings?

How do you beat cravings? my mom found me with my juul and made me throw it away but very tempted to get it. it’s been two days since i quit. the craving is always there. i want to feel the buzz it gives you. any tips?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Mandolinrain

Your mom found you with a juul? Seriously?How bad do you want this quit to work?

If your going to rely on your mom to make sure all your nicotine substances are out of reach then I fear you have alot to learn about addiction. I hate to be blunt ,but really?

No-one can do this for you but you. If your old enough to juul or smoke and post here on this site then your old enough to take some responsibility to do whatever it takes to buckle down and quit.

Your last posts gave you many responses from us to get you headed in the right direction. You need to go read them...you will find the answer if your truly serious about this.

0 Kudos
laureenn_182

I’m not relying on my mom i understand i have a problem i was trying to stop before all of this happened thank you. i understand and recognize that this is an addiction that i am trying to beat. i was praying for help to stop and i guess that came in the form on my mom coming into play. i didn’t mean any offense by that post i apologize. everything happens for a reason and i believe that was a reason to help me stop once and for all.

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Listen, I do not intend to come across angry, but I read what I read and was bewildered. You say you want to quit but you then said your Mom took away your Juul and then you said you WANTED the buzz??? To me it made no sense.

Your correct, you WILL be tempted, after all if we were not, we would not be here right?

Can we start at square one again? I do want to see you quit. I do want to help you. I want your young life to go onto an even healthier long life, okay? You will need to put effort into this, 

Theres a very good book out called EASYWAY TO QUIT SMOKING, By Alan Carr. Get it and read it, it won't disappoint you. It will help you alot. Stay near this site. 

My apologies if I came across in a  bad way to you. I take this quitting thing very seriously. I am VERY glad to hear you are going to take responsibility for this quit. We want you around along time and your Mom does too.

Get that book, read on this site, make a plan of action ( what you will do when the craves come) keep a journal. Write down whats going on when you start to crave.....Quitting is not easy but it is doable.

Wishing you the best and hope to see you active on the site.~Missy

laureenn_182

I take responsibility for my actions. I have wanted to quit and i believe my mom finding me was that push to help me. i’m trying to stop doesn't mean i’m not going to have temptations.

0 Kudos
jonimarie

BelieveMandolinrain laid it out pretty straight for you

What I am confused about is your statement ....i want to feel the buzz it gives you. any tips?

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Work the program hon...you are young enough to beat this addiction an live life without the crutch...(buzz)...keep busy...

Gotcha in my Thoughts and prayers...~ Colleen 225 DOF

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Lots of ideas have already been offered.  Might you go back and do the recommended readings and try some of those suggestions?  Those of us giving them to you have many years of success behind us and know that they work.  I, for example, have been quit for seven years.  I had smoked for almost 40.

You must decide to get through these early days by staying busy, by keeping your mind on things other than wanting to vape, by changing up your routines.  I also gave you a list of 100 things to do when craves get to you.  Let them start you thinking on things that might work for you.

You simply have to make the decision and commit to it.

Nancy

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

That hit of nicotine you are craving is not as important as you are. Life is doable without nicotine. You do the next right thing (for yourself) one step at a time, one hour at a time. 

Your local hospital may very well be running a quit program that you can join--there may be other quit resources right in your community. Spend some time looking for these possible resources. You may have not vaped long, but nicotine is very addictive...good news, you can quit and feel good about life. 

Right now...I get it--you want what you want when you want it. But it is still possible for you to choose not to vape nicotine. Ex is here for you every day. 

0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

Cravings are normal right now, but they DO NOT LAST. You'll get to a point where it's just a memory, not a physical urge.

And yeah, you'll miss the "buzz" and the nicotine and you might even miss smoking with friends. That's okay if you don't act on it, but simply let the feeling of missing it come and go. Because it will.