cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandolinrain

Progression of 'G'

Still not done, but getting closer. Grandkids here now till late tomorrow. Hope to finish this painting sometime over the weekend. I can see lots of areas I need to work on. But I am new at portrait painting so any progress is good, lol.

IMG_0193.jpgIMG_0195.jpgIMG_0196.jpgIMG_0198.jpg58446319840__914E9508-84BB-4A09-A99E-93C56C37383D.JPG58446657955__C072F785-DE65-479E-BE9B-D9F35073F36C.JPGIMG_0205.jpg

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
21 Replies
indingrl

Fabtastic work Missy ! Cool I vote for the one Lady G wearing orange top - gentle hug❤

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Awww well a tad late for that.  I change things up as I paint and its hard going backwards, for me anyway. Since this is a new subject matter for me I decided to go with white top because it helps me concentrate on the face more. The more colors around the subject seem to distract me. Im weird artist, I know. I hope to get better at this but am pleased with me progress thus far  Once I am more comfortable doing faces I will take more time figuring out clothes and textures in them. Hair texture is another area I stink at. Looks to flat to me. Im working on that more yet...plus a necklace to add yet, if G would please send me a close up pic of it, that would also be helpful

indingrl

No worries your a good artist please take no offense - YOUR the artist ❤ I love all of them!

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Oh hon, I never took offense, I was just explaining what to progressed as it did. PLUS I love people telling me what they see and do and do not like...it helps me improve

indingrl

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Amazing...you are really good...I love looking at your paintings...

Have fun with the grandkids and I hope you get some paint time this weekend...~ Colleen 220 DOF 

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

I see Love. Great Job, Missy.  Go "G" Giulia you look amazingly beautiful. She has truly captured your smile and your eyes,  Wow!

0 Kudos
Giulia

And here I thought it was going to be a musical progression of the G chord.  lol

Necklass - That's my Quit Beetle  It should be big enough for you on that blog, if not, let me know.  (For some reason Jive wouldn't take me to that Quit Beetle when I just checked it.  So hopefully it will take you here to the original bog: Precious Quit  It's at the bottom of the first page (on my computer anyway.)

Do you do a separate sheet of paper for all these, or are they all on one canvas?  Do you just sort erase the background and paint over it or do a whole new picture each time?  It's fascinating.  The last one is fab!  Got the smile!  Got the rings around the tree trunk.  For something you're in the process of learning, I'd say you get an A!  I'm humbled to be one of your early subjects.

Mandolinrain

The pic I printed of you is hard to see the beetle. Got it now

0 Kudos