cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tscat

Frequent urination?

Did anyone else experience frequent urination after quitting? I’m on day four and I was up last night five times

10 Replies
sweetplt

Sorry I can’t say that was a problem of mine...

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Can't say that I did.  But if you want to see if there is more on the subject on this site simply go to the magnifying glass top right and do a word search and see what you can find.  Do you have any medical condition that may be causing it or new medication?  You can check with your dr. or pharmacist to see if they have an answer. 

tscat

Thank you! I will do a word search. No, nothing else is changed, that’s why am wondering.

TW517

Well, yes.  But I did not attribute it to my quit per se.  I'm a man in my 60's.  If I'm awake, then I pretty much always have to pee.  Normally I am a pretty heavy sleeper, but my first few weeks of the quit had me napping frequently in the afternoon, which made me sleep less well at night, which caused me to be awake, and again... for me, "awake" is synonymous with "have to pee"  

YoungAtHeart

If you are sipping water all day as we recommend, that might be your answer right there.  If not, I think TW517 might have good insight. 

All else fails, I would see your doctor!

Congrats on your quit!

Nancy

avian3

Are you eating foods with less sodium? Also, certain foods make you urinate more often. As stated above, it's best to ask your doctor if it continues.

0 Kudos
tscat

Yes I can ask my doctor, but I was just assuming or hoping this was a common side effect to quitting. Nothing else has changed. My diet is the same, my water intake is the same. No medication. But this is the third time that when I quit I had to pee all the time. 

0 Kudos
indingrl

PLEASE CALL YOUR DOCTOR - YIKES! 

0 Kudos
TW517

I just remembered something else.  I was very bloated and gassy early in my quit, which is a very common symptom of nicotine withdrawal.  That put pressure on my bladder causing me to wake up more often to go.