cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zmonez

What is the meaning of Quit Date?

Is it the day you stop smoking altogether? And am I able to smoke up until then or something else? I want to know so I can better myself on this journey to being smoke free

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Your quit date is the day you put down your cigarettes/chewing tobacco/snus/e-cig and don't smoke/vape,chew any more. To each person it may mean something a little different, however. For instance if you stop smoking but start vaping, you're still ingesting nicotine so some might not consider it "quit" until your nicotine intake is 0. 

Welcome!

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Giulia

Mark said it pretty much as it is.  I feel that our quit date is the day we stop smoking altogether.  If you stop at 11:59 pm and never put another cigarette in your mouth, then your quit date would be today.  But if you take a puff tomorrow, well, you haven't stopped smoking, 'cause you just smoked, right?  So you would reset it.  (Though the object is NOT to reset it.)  This is MOO (my opinion only).  We haven't quite come up with a consensus  on if you stop smoking  but then start vaping how that figures into the mix.  That would actually be an interesting discussion, as there are now more and more vapers coming here who want to quit vaping.