cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Betterdays19

100 days

Good morning, happy almost July 4th. I have quit for 100 days today. I am still dealing with anxiety that I never really had an issue with prior to quitting. At 3 months I thought I would feel much better. Wondering if anyone else has had experience with this and how long it took to feel back to your old self or to kick the extra anxiety. Sometimes I am fine, sometimes mildly anxious and others in a full blown panic. I really don’t want medications as I didn’t ever need them prior to this and I didn’t have the anxiety before. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ShawnP

Welcome to triple digits!!! I wish i could help you with your questions on anxiety. i get a little of it now as i am getting older but i didn't get it right after smoking. It was many years later. I just try to change my thought pattern and just take it as it comes. Worrying just makes it worse and most of all, take some deep breaths and release slowly.

elvan

You didn't need medication when you were smoking because you were SELF medicating with nicotine.  I did deep breathing, read everything I could find on this addiction, and I came to this site every morning and every evening.  I have over five years of freedom now and I celebrate that every day.  Smoking does not reduce stress, it feeds it, I know that's somewhat hard to believe but it's true.  Smoking MASKED whatever you were feeling, congratulations on 100+ days of freedom.  Stay close to the site and read blogs by others who have dealt with anxiety.  We learn from each other and whatever works for one just MIGHT be what works for YOU.

Ellen

0 Kudos