cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Barbara145

Question about long acting broncho-dilators

Just curious if anyone is on Incruse Inhaler for COPD.  I was on ipratropium for long acting broncho-dilator.  It was messing with my brain. I need a new one.

8 Replies
marciem

One of my inhalers is Spiriva (tiotropium) , which google says is longer acting than ipratropium.  I inhale one puff a day.  It hasn't messed with my brain that I've noticed.  I also use Activair diskus twice a day.

0 Kudos
elvan

I have been on Spiriva, Symbicort, and Trelegy and had negative reactions to the last to, nothing from the first.  I am now on Incruse, haven't noticed any real difference but I am not terribly interested in trying another one.  I think there is just so much that any inhaler can do for me.  The Symbicort caused my RA to flare so badly that I could not get out of bed, the Trelegy gave me sores on the inside of my mouth that were very painful...when I stopped using it, they disappeared. 

I do have an Advair inhaler I am supposed to use twice a day but I rarely remember the second dose.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Barbara145

Thank you so much ladies.  I am going to try Advair. I think.  I am waiting for a return call from my doctor.  Your input was so helpful.  God bless you both.

0 Kudos
elvan

Barbara145‌ Be sure to thoroughly rinse your mouth out after using it.  I use warm water and baking soda and brush my teeth afterwards.  Thrush is an adverse reaction and it can damage your teeth, just like any other inhaler.  Hope this works for you.  My sister has used Advair for years and finds it very helpful.

Bless you back,

Ellen

0 Kudos
Barbara145

Thanks so much, Ellen.  I just took my first dose 30 minutes ago.  So far so good.  You ask why I didn't come to the beach.  I was in an exacerbation of COPD.  So sorry I missed meeting you in person.  I feel like I know you.  You are a great woman.   Love,  Barbara

0 Kudos
elvan

Barbara145‌ Oh, I am so sorry.  I have to admit that I was in bed really early every night and I had to take a nap every afternoon but it was so nice to see people.  Some I had never met and some I met in the past.  Maybe NEXT year!  I feel as though I know you too.  I hope you feel much better.

Ellen

0 Kudos
indingrl

In HIS love I LOVE ALL OF Y'ALL!!!! Just sharing - gentle hug ❤

0 Kudos

I'm also on Spiriva + Advair. It seems to work for me. 

0 Kudos