cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

minihorses

Air Fryer?

Has anyone seen these or used one?  I saw it in Target the other day.  Do they really fry air because that's basically the diet my doctor put me on.  Regular air is boring so I'm hoping that frying it makes it taste better and doesn't add calories or most importantly carbs. I've had to give up eating more or less.

Image result for laughing emoji

He told me no artificial sweeteners too.  First you take away food now you want me to give up my Diet Mt. Dew?  That's heresy and I refuse to give up my life blood. 

10 Replies
sweetplt

Ah minihorses sorry about the diet...maybe like quitting smoking...do “baby steps”... I have never used an air fryer so I am of no help...~ Colleen 206 DOF 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

I haven't either.  I keep looking at them.  Hopefully someone has used them.  They sure sell lots of them.

Sootie

HAHAHA!!!!! Good one! Let me know if the "fried air" does taste better!!!

I can offer you some consolation though.....I did "quit" diet coke and while it was a very rough three months.....I now have absolutely NO desire for it......but I'll tell you-----for those three months I wanted one more than I wanted a cigarette!

minihorses

I'm laughing my butt off.  I'll let you know, I'm hoping the air comes out nice and crispy and tastes like the ice cream in a mexican restaurant. I'm serious about the mt. dew now.  I cut it down to one a day but I've downed 4 today.  I took a massive fall last night (that I don't remember doing) so I haven't done much today.  That leads to Mt. Dew and gum consumption by the boatload. 

elvan

Oh man, hope you feel better.  I have never tried an air fryer either but if you get one, please write a review and, in the meantime, be careful and don't fall again...famous last words.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Sootie

Oh no!!! Did you have ONE Mountain Dew??? You know we always say NOPE! I guess for soda it will have to be NODE....not one drop ever!!! Seriously....it is VERY hard to kick that particular .......habit? possible addiction? Not sure. I just know it was very tough!

So sorry about the fall......BE CAREFUL rest and be well. Have some fried air!!!  LOL

JACKIE1-25-15

At least you are looking on the bright side of things.  Laughter IS the best medicine.  If you are not laughing.  I am. Too funny.

minihorses

I tried frying a tornado last night but it moved around so much it didn't come out well.  It danced around and didn't 'cook' evenly.  I think the next thing I try will just be a gentle breeze.

Image result for emoji faces

Happy Friday!

Sootie

Fried air-----

0 calories

0 cholesterol

0 trans saturated fats

0 fun