cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Imready2019

Tomorrow may be rough!

I’m so nervous about work tomorrow! I always smoke 4 cigarettes at work. My nerves are sooo bad! I almost can’t stand the thought of not smoking at work!!! My job is pretty stressful, I’m a nursing assistant. I have nicotine gum, not sure if it’s going to help or not. I guess we will see. Positive thoughts needed as I continue to read all the helpful posts on this site! Any advice on the gum? I feel like I’m going to lose my mind tomorrow, lol. 

Tags (1)
25 Replies
Barbara145

Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking.  I was a nurse for a long time.  I know the stresses. We can actually calm ourselves down.  You will learn more about that.  Smoking actually causes more stress.  The gum will help you.  You are going to do fine.  Stop worrying.  Have a great day.

Imready2019

Thank you so much!!!

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Hope everything goes well today.  If you need help, reach out.  We're here for you.

Barb

0 Kudos
sweetplt

You can do this...remember lots of water, slow controlled breaths, take a walk at a break etc., replace smoking with something heathy...sending positive thoughts out to you ~ Colleen 205 DOF 

maryfreecig

You have made a decision to quit! So all this stuff you fear (normal) can be dealt with one day at a time. You've got what it takes to quit. And remember Ex is here for you. Walk in the direction of your desire to quit, let the rest go quiet, quiet as possible. Yes you can.

gregp136

Yes, work can break you.  That was always the hardest for me too.  What kind of extra support system can you set up to make yourself successful?

Imready2019

I’m not really sure. 

0 Kudos
Imready2019

Thanks everyone. It’s been almost 12 hours since I have smoked. I’m doing my best. ❤️

DonnaMarie

You came here instead of smoking. You came here to aid in your plan not to smoke at work. That's pretty amazing. That's shows you really are going to make this happen.

Can  you take the breaks you would have smoked with and do something else? Walk a lap around the building maybe? Or take your breaks at other times, or were they breaks other than to smoke to begin with?

I had to change around some daily activities in the beginning. I even started going to bed a little earlier.

Congrats on your decision to quit. You'll never regret it. Every tough moment ahead will be paid back 100 fold with better moments of smobriety.

Donna

Day 191