cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

SimplySheri

Personally

~~If they don't know you personally, don't take it personal.~~  Unknown

My name is Sheri and I quit smoking a little over 6 years ago.  I'm not a celebrity, I'm not famous, I'm not brilliant or loud or driven.  I'm just a person who is fascinated by life and delighted by the world.  I'm dramatic and enthusiastic and hopelessly in love with the universe (please see "dramatic" ). 

You may not 'get me'.  That's ok.  Not everyone will.  You may favor Dale's posts.  Wonderful!!!  He's brilliant at what he does   You may get more out of Diane Joy's words or Sootie's stories or Jackie's wit.  It's ok!

Variety.  You get it here.  Funny, touching, wise, poignant.  Witty, heartbreaking, strong.  Whatever it is you need to quit smoking and break that addiction, you'll find somewhere here on this site.

I'm not anyone special.  I had to dig down deep and just quit like  everyone else has to.  Quitting is solely on the quitter.  That's what I see, anyhow.  Someone else may have a better analogy....a more intelligent take on quitting...a different spin on things. Isn't that wonderful?!!! 

So it's ok not to get me.  I won't take it personally.  It's ok to question.  It's ok to not read my posts but savor Marilyn's (I do!!).  It's ok to love Missy and it's ok to understand Thomas. 

I hope you find someone here to follow.  To feel comfortable with.  To smile at.  To ask questions of.  Because support during a quit is such a help, dontcha think?  So find some support by reading a variety of posts    Find some answers, some encouragement, some education.  It's all here and it blends together beautifully.

I, personally, love everyone on this site!!  What's not to love? 

11 Replies
Beck37

I think you are brilliant. You are one of the few that I do read.... You have such an insight into life and an amazing way of putting it into writing. 

Keep doing you cause it works for a lot of us.

Beck

SimplySheri

Beck37‌, you are very kind, thank you   

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

OK.  I guess there's much that goes on behind the scenes that I'm not that involved in.   Did something prompt this?

0 Kudos
SimplySheri

Nothing prompted this, Barb   It was just my thoughts about the variety of unique people here.  You missed nothing that I know of.  But thank you for caring!!  Hugs to you

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Sweetie, you're special. Period. Also....is everyone here. Thats the beauty of Ex, so many different personalities gives us a beautiful variety to create our journeys, aspirations to achieve new heights. I am SO happy your here encouraging me and others. If we were all the same this site would be gone by now. 

Personally I love different flowers that give a garden beauty. EX has a lovely variety. Some are annuals and some are perennials , they all have their time to blown as we all have out time to enjoy them 

Beautiful blog from a much respected beautiful person and fellow Exer 

SimplySheri

You paint such a pretty picture, Missy!!  I picture myself a daisy   I love our garden as well and think we are all beautiful in our own unique ways.  Love you, chickie!!

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Love ya Sheri...and I get you...<insert smile> Colleen 195 DOF 

SimplySheri

Yes, you do   Love you right back!!

indingrl

Amen - gentle hug - recovery family - ❤