cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DonnaMarie

Finding EX

My husband asked me how I found EX and I told him I don't really remember.

How did you find BecomeAnEx.org and this life-saving community?

Donna

Day 178

33 Replies
TW517

I was on Day 21 and having terrible craves, and feeling sorry for myself because I thought the craves should be over by now.  I was going to give up and go buy a pack of cigarettes and on a whim, decided to Google "how to beat cigarette craves" and found this site.  I looked at a few sites, but this one resonated with me for some reason and I spent the rest of the day reading and learning.  I promised myself I would keep coming here for one week before giving in.  I guess I've over shot that promise by 103 weeks now .

DonnaMarie

That's what I'm thinking happened - Googled sites for help and this one seemed legit and I liked that Mayo and Truth were behind it.

YoungAtHeart

My current GP has a special interest in the quit smoking process, and actually consulted on this site back in its original form.  I found him because a friend knew he had expertise in this addiction.   My GP at the time gave me the following useless advice: "Get some carrot and celery sticks, slap on a patch and you will be good to go."  I never went back to him.  My current GP didn't mention the site to me, though, until after I had quit, so I didn't have the educational materials or support it provides.  I found it about a week into my quit and read the Allen Carr book recommended by so many.  It was such an eye opener for me that I continue to recommend it to ALL.

I brought my coffee to my computer and read, blogged and read some more here.   I STILL start my days here most of the time!  Good addiction to have!!!!

DonnaMarie

Very cool. I try to make it out here every day. I know I'm a slacker sometimes, but it's an anchor for my quit. I need EX.

AnnetteMM

I went on a long web hunt, first typing in "quit smoking" and finding WhyQuit.com then the Alan Carr book and winding my way over to this place.

indingrl

Their t.v. commercial❤

0 Kudos
Brenda_M

SAME! I loved those commercials! Still makes me laugh to think about them.

0 Kudos
indingrl

Good to read from YOU MS Brenda - miss ya ❤  

0 Kudos
DonnaMarie

I wish I had seen one of those!

0 Kudos