cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Marking something "Helpful"

Sometimes I see a box to mark something "helpful" and sometimes I don't. Comments usually have the box. Original items sometimes do. 

Joy

3 Replies
YoungAtHeart

You can search for most site questions by going to the magnifying glass in the top right hand corner.  I did - and found this (an answer I had wondered about myself, actually!): https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/docs/DOC-1692-helpful-answer-vs-likes-what-s-the-difference 

Nancy

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

HappyJoyousFree

Yes not all content has a "Helpful Answer" Answer option as Helpful Answer are only really intended for Question Replies and not really for root posts(Questions/Blogs). Plus clicking the Helpful Answer button sends out a notification to everyone subscribed to a post which can get frustrating. Liking someone posts only notifies the author of the post/comment. As YoungAtHeart linked to my help document you will see that clicking helpful should not be used liberally. Rather you can like something.  Or if a post has something helpful in it you may want to bookmark(either on the site or on your browser) it if you want to review at a later date. Or you can Create a document on the site and then Right click on the timestamp on a post and "copy link address"  and then paste it into a Document. This way you can create a wiki document of helpful content for your quit. Some of the other members have done this before.

Right click on timestamp for permalink.gif

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
indingrl

GOOD JOB explaining and teaching Sir Mark - thank you ❤ gentle hug.