cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mercury87436

Day Two Done! Day Three Girl Heyyyyyy

WOW! Day two was terrible!! I had so much tension, and some serious anger. The new neighbor showed up with her kid, hoping to play, and I just had to be straight and say "not today". I am a people pleaser. I die before I even think of offending someone. But yesterday, that changed. I did not say "not today" offensively, but the neighbor was definitely still offended. And my initial instinct was to back up and ignore my boundaries and take on the extra stress, but then I realized the truth was that it was more important to me to stay quit than to not offend her, and that if she's that easily offended, we probably wouldn't have made very good friends anyway. It's really interesting, I have struggled with fearfulness and extreme anxiety for years and in the past two days my levels have been at ZERO. Made it through day two. A lot of receptors must have died yesterday. Day three come to mama!!

12 Replies
YoungAtHeart

When you are further along in your quit, you can explain your reluctance and hope she will understand.  You did GOOD to protect your quit - know that!  You get through these early days the best that you can - you just get through them.   It WILL get easier as your time goes forward - I promise.

On to Day Three - then Four - then a week - then a month - then FOREVER!!!

You can do this - just keep going.

Nancy

indingrl

CONGRATS 3 NICOTINE FREE DAYS!!! WAY TO GO!

sweetplt

Welcome to Day 3...it is so hard that first week to control our emotions...you will have to let your neighbor know at some time what had happened...It’s ok ... not to be a people pleaser, in fact you may learn on this journey you no longer need to be this any longer...I know because I am working on no longer being a people pleaser since 187 days ago...and it feels good...I smoked through all my emotions..Hang touch ~ it’s all ok to Take Care of YOU right now...~ Colleen 

AnnetteMM

I applaud your self-care! Like Nancy said, you are on your way to your first milestone and we will be here to celebrate with you

Barbscloud

That's fabulous having two successful days.   Do what you need to do for you right now.   

Barb

mercury87436

Made it through day three! Feeling much better today. Thanks everyone for the supportive messages yesterday, sometimes I am not able to answer because of spotty internet, but I was able to read them all in my email and it was super helpful, so, THANKS lovely community!

virgomama

Have just read your blogs.  How are you doing?   You have a great attitude.  It does get easier.  Do what ever it takes to stay smoke free.  It is so worth it.

mercury87436

Hey there! I have been so busy, but still loving living smoke free! I just got to three weeks and I feel AMAZING. I have been inspiring a lot of my smoker friends too! Three friends are 2 weeks quit and another set her quit day for July 7! And I haven't even been preachy or anything, people are just seeing how much I love it and deciding they're ready. Yayy!

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Big congrats on your 3 weeks.  That's a great beginning on this journey. How wonderful that you've influence your friends to quit.

Image result for congratulations moving memes

Barb