cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

hill2480

I have been drug and alcohol free for 27 years

Good Afternoon Everyone, 

This is me.....new to this. I received some very positive feedback yesterday, and some good information also. Thank you so much. I just wanted to let you know a little more about me, so that I can get more positive feedback. I have not stopped completely yet, but i have cut down. My quit date is 6/26. I do not use drugs and alcohol. I am a proud 12th step member, with 27 years drug and alcohol free.

31 Replies
sweetplt

pastedImage_1.gifGood Job...on the 12 step and being free from Drugs and Alcohol...You can do this too...and June 26th looks like a great day...Happy Friday ~ Colleen 186 DOF 

0 Kudos
facebook

Thanks for the encouraging post.  I will do it also.  

YoungAtHeart

Glad you are remaining active here - and hope you stay that way as you approach and get beyond your quit date.  I hope you are using this time before your date to educate yourself on this addiction, and are preparing and planning for your big day.  The better you get ready, the more likely you are to be successful.

Glad you found us!  Let us know when you have questions or need support.

Nancy

facebook

I sure will.  Gives me something to do with my hands:)

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex.  Use this time to educate yourself about nicotine addiction and preparing your plan to quit.  Look forward to celebrating June 26th with you!

Barb

0 Kudos
Strudel

Congrats to you! I am 38 years sober - so, I know what an accomplishment that is. That success means you can do this too! Keep reading and hanging out here.....you will be ready....maybe even before the 26th! 

0 Kudos
indingrl

CONGRATS!

0 Kudos
indingrl

CONGRATS ON DAY ONE - TODAY! Yahoooooooooo WAY TO GO! gentle hug ❤

0 Kudos
marciem

I Hope you have stuck with your quit date, hill2480‌ !! Today is the day  ...

You should be so proud of your prior commitments and accomplishements!!  This will be different, but again no different.   One day at a time, that's all you can do.  Or one hour, or one craving.  Don't try to stuff the whole elephant in your mouth at once, one little bite at a time will get the whole job done.  It isn't a race.  You can't quit "fastest" or "best".  Just don't smoke and you're a success.    .  Simple yes.  Easy... NOT .  But you know addiction and know how to overcome it.

We're here to help in any way we can!

0 Kudos