cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ralph1955

Quick Hello

No news to report but just wanted to touch base and see how everyone is doing? Can you believe it's already June? Time is just racing by.

I've been doing a lot of reflecting on the journey we're on and can't believe next month I will be smoke free for a Year.  What a ride!!!!  Last year at this time I was preparing for my quit (July 14th 2018) and was putting myself in Start Mode.  As my quit date was approaching I prayed that I would be able to find the strength to succeed.  As many of you know there was a lot of anxiety going on with family but because I had all of you in my corner I was able to push past all the stress and the urges.  You are truly an amazing group of friends and I would not be here today, a successful quitter, without you.

untitled.pngLove ya all

15 Replies
Barbscloud

Ralph,

Hard to believe it's almost a year and I'm ready to celebrate on July 14th!  I know it  was an exciting time for me.   Hope things have settled down with the family.

Barb

Ralph1955

Amazing isn't it? Wow!  Family is doing ok but still didn't get easier after we placed our parents into Assisted Living.  Dad's doing better than mom, he's in his our little world at times.  Mom wants attention and has become even more needy that before.  Not easy but we move on.

Hugs, 

Ralph

sweetplt

Good Friday Morning Ralph...1 year soon...that is wonderful...no matter the stress ... you keep that quit for YOU...Have a great day and weekend...~ Colleen 186 DOF 

Ralph1955

You too my friend.  Good to hear from you

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

SOOOO good to see you, and happier still to hear how well you are doing.  You have gotten through the first year of changes in seasons, holidays and family dramas, but don't be surprised if smoking thoughts occur at these times during the coming year.  Since we don't have a lot of practice with thee events, relearning them without smoking takes  bit longer.

Can't WAIT to give you your (internet) golden key to the 6% Club at one year!  Hope you will join us so we might celebrate you!

Nancy

Ralph1955

I'm amazed that I hardly ever get an urge attack.  I am now able to be around smokers and do not feel like I'm missing anything.  I am proud to say that I've helped 2 of my clients quit and so far they're doing so well.

Wow, I'll be getting a Golden Key? That will be a proud day for sure. I'll be here.

Love ya,

Ralph

YoungAtHeart

It's an internet key - but an important milestone, nonetheless!

maryfreecig

Big congratulations top you Ralph! Thanks for sharing you story and success.   

RachelMB

Great to see you Ralph! I cant believe how fast time flies! I will be celebrating your year anniversary with you soon! So proud of how far you have come! Xoxo 

Rachel