cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Debfawcett

New at this LOL

Just posted my whole statement as the title.  

14 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Is your quit date still TOMORROW? If so, hope you have been getting ready!  Hope you have your written list of your reasons for quitting and the things you can do to distract yourself when a crave hits.  Do you also have a quit kit, including a water bottle from which to sip, maybe some sugar free gum or mints or healthy snacks?  Have you read materials to help you understand this addiction, and figured out how you will change your routines so your smoking associations are reduced?

If so - good for you!  If not - maybe you can use today to prepare.

Can't wait to celebrate Day Won with you tomorrow evening!

Nancy

TW517

We all were at one time.  Welcome!  I see your quit date is tomorrow.  It's probably silly to tell you not to be nervous, that's only natural.  But I hope you are excited at the same time.  So many of us here failed and failed until we found this community.  You will be successful too!

Debfawcett

Thank you. I am excited as well.  Just got the jitters so reached out. Thanks for reaching back

Debfawcett

Have been reading and preparing for day won.  Have lists on phone in my Quit Kit which is a make up bag containing straw, fidget spinner cards about quitting.  I'm a water drinker so that part isn't new.  Thank you for replying needed some positve reinforcement. 

AnnetteMM

Sounds like you're well prepared. Good for you! Come back here every day to read, comment when you feel like it, find new tips, etc. I particularly like #101 things to do instead of smoke

Barbscloud

Chewing on straws also works well!  Wishing you the best on day one!

Barb

elvan

You sound AMAZING and well prepared, we are here for you, you do not have to do it alone.

Welcome to EX,

Ellen

0 Kudos
Giulia

Cheering you on!  You are Today on Black.jpg  Think positive thoughts!

Debfawcett

I like that. Today is the day I begin my new life.