cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DagnyQ

So I just passed day 52. I feel great. Cravings have gone way down; however, I am still constantly clearing my throat. Is this normal?

I find that I am constantly having to clear my throat throughout the day. Will this ever go away and when?

11 Replies
sweetplt

Hi and Congratulations on 52 days quit...clearing your throat, can be many things...since we are not Doctors it is hard to say why you are clearing your throat...it could be allergies, it could be from your body healing from the quit...etc., if you are very concerned, please see your Doctor...and keep us posted...~ Colleen 181 DOF 

DagnyQ

My annual physical is in 15 days. I will bring it up then. Thanks.

Dagny Q

indingrl

CONGRATS 52 NICOTINE FREE DAYS! Yahoooooooooo - GOOD JOB! Just sharing for dry irrated throat - gargle with warm salt water or drink lemon water or just suck on lemon it naturally heals and sooths dry throat- ❤ gentle hug.

DagnyQ

I will give the lemon juice a try. Thanks.

Dagny Q

indingrl

You are most welcome❤

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Congrats on your continue success.   Let us know what the doc has to say.

0 Kudos
elvan

You are doing great, I have that issue with mucous in my throat and it is usually allergy related for me, I drink a "shot" of straight lemon juice and it thins the mucous down so the gurgling sound goes away.

Ellen

0 Kudos
DonnaMarie

If you ever feel like you're experiencing something troublesome, do check with your doctor.

Having said that, I had a tickle in my throat for weeks, cleared my throat all the derned time, and had a niggling cough that especially bothered me at night. All of that has passed. They say your cilia in your lungs are working overtime as they're finally able to do their job again now that you're not bogging them down with tar and other gooey substances. Your lungs may be normalizing themselves the only way they know how - clearing as best they can.

I'm not a medical professional, so take what I say as friend to friend. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless it lasts a long time and starts to cause problems for you. I use honey drops (mint seems to make it worse) and drink water a lot to help.

Donna

Day 169

0 Kudos
Mavihoja

Are you vaping?

0 Kudos