cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
angeleyes

WHATS YOUR TWO CENTS

HELLO MY NAME IS LISA AND I WANTED TO START THIS GROUP BECAUSE I AM QUITTING AND I KNOW THAT I WORRIE ABOUT MY WEIGHT TOO! I HAVE STOPPED SMOKING BEFORE AND ENDED UP BACK SMOKING SIMPLY BECAUSE I WAS GAINING WEIGHT ! I FEEL THAT WE NEED ENCORAGMENT ALL AROUND ! SO COME JOIN ME AND YOU CANT BE AFRAID OF SOME TOUGH LOVE TOO !
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
angeleyes

YEA I NO WHAT YOU MEAN BUT WE CAN DO THIS ! DRINK LOTS OF WATER TOO ! GOOD LUCK
0 Kudos
donna22

Linda, you will love yoga once you get started...I took a class but then I got a job and it interferes with the class so I'm going to get a dvd and do it at home also....makes you feel taller and stronger...
0 Kudos
angeleyes

i dono if i would like yoga but im willing to try
0 Kudos
donna22

I didn't know if I would either but I really do....it's not exactly easy, I felt so good when I finished, and when you can actually balance it's awesome...
0 Kudos
karen19

I started a workout routine prior to quitting. I thought if I lost 10 lbs I would then determine my quit date. Well several months went by and I got a call from my circut coach asking why I have not been in. I started with excuses and then said I would be in that day. I made it in and got to work. It was back in May. I weighed myself monthly and as of July 23rd I did not lose anything! I felt good and I could feel my clothes not as binding but I still did not meet my goal of the 10lbs. I realized I was just using that as an excuse to not quit. I went to the doctor and he told me I had high blood pressure. That was enough for me. I did what I could to be healthy but yet I still smoked! I asked about chantix and he perscribed it for me. He is giving me 6 months before making the decision of putting me on meds for the blood pressure.
I guess what I am saying here is that I have quit smoking as of the 5th of August and have been exercising 3 times a week since then. I have put on 7 lbs but I am not worried about it. My body is telling me I am doing well. I feel great and even with the 7 lbs I can't tell. I encourage anyone that has quit or wants to quit to get on some routine. It really makes you feel good when you don't smell the smoke on you after you are done with a good work out!
Maybe I should have just blogged this huh!
0 Kudos
angeleyes

no that cool karen you didnt have to blog what you wrote we are all here for you ! keep up the good work ! 3 times a week is good and stay quit !
0 Kudos
stephanie26

Hi everyone,
I have tried quitting a few times this year and everytime I tried, I added few more pounds. I'm gonna try keeping fruits and veggies around this time, and going for a long walk when I get the urge to smoke... hopefully it helps.
0 Kudos
angeleyes

IT WILL JUST KEEP TRYING ! WE CAN DO THIS ! DONT GIVE UP ! PUT A RUBBER BAND AROUND YOUR WRIST AND EVERYTIME YOU HAVE A CRAVIN OR SOMETINE REMINDS YOU OF SMOKING SNAP THAT SUCKER TILL IT HURTS AND YOU WONT THINK ABOUT SMOKING ! BELIEVE ME I DO IT EVERYDAY AND IT HELPS ME ! SO DONT GIVE UP WE ARE HERE FOR YOU! BYE THE WAY IT ALSO HELPS ME WITH EATTING (I WORK AT DAIRY QUEEN ) WHEN I WANT AN ICE CREAM OR SOMETING I NO I CANT HAVE I POP IT ! SO LETS GET POPPING !!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
angeleyes

it works thats what is keeping me ! and a friend of mine seen that i was gettting stessed and asked me whats wrong ! i told her i was having a craving ! well she took my hand and before i could stop her she snapped my rubber band ! now thats some tough love lol
0 Kudos