cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Roller831

The Daily Pledge June 2019

pastedImage_1.png

Happy June everyone and welcome to the Daily Pledge in the Celebrations & Events  community where we can meet daily to take another person's hand and make our commitment stronger.

June has the Summer Solstice, the day with the longest daylight of the year, typically on June 21st, which is my 1 year quit anniversary date and National Nude day.

Did You Know?

There is a term called, June Bug, which is given to many large bugs found in the United States, during May and June. The bugs get this name because the transition of larva to adult happens in this month. These are usually seen in the dark when they are attracted to light.

June is regarded as the luckiest month for marriage! Huh.  I got married in August.  Darn!

There are three birthstones for June?  The Moonstone, pearl, alexandrite.

June Quotes

It is better to be a young June bug than an old bird of paradise.
― Mark Twain

Spring being a tough act to follow, God created June.
― Al Bernstein

Now that you have a few fun facts about June, it is time to pledge. 

How to pledge: 

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.Latest Reply.png
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.pagination.png
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.Reply.png
  3. You've made your pledge.  Come back tomorrow and pledge again.
  4. Check out this handy quit calendar to calculate your DOF!  EX Quit Calculator or check out My Quit Plan.

You've made your pledge.  Come back tomorrow and pledge again.

As you go through your day you know that you have these two people with you and all of you are keeping each other strong. How cool is that!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
486 Replies
Roller831

Welcome to June!  I am happy to take Kkplayhouse‌'s hand and pledge not to smoke today NMW while EXtending my free hand to the nEXt EXer who chooses to pledge the same.

Roller 710 DOF

mpnaegle

Good morning rollercoaster!  I gratefully take your hand and pledge not to smoke today.  I extend my free hand to the next EXer wishing to pledge.

Mark 53 DOF 

Giulia

Nice new June Pledge!  Thanks Roller!

Got your hand, Mark.  Grateful for it.  I will not smoke today.  (Nor for the month for that matter.)  It is SO WONDERFUL not to need to put a cigarette in my mouth.  Not to have that empty gut feeling gnawing all the time.  Time is the cure. And a daily pledge to remain true to yourself is the way to get there.  Hold on everybody.  Here's my hand to the next Pledgling....

Be Smoke Free.jpg

(4840 DOF)

ashbashcash

Hi Giulia, thanks for the hand! I'm halfway into Day 3 and pledge not to smoke today (or the month)! Hanging on and ready to do the same for someone else! To the next one...

Giulia

(Glad you took my hand!  Take this one day at a time ashbashcash .  I pledged for the month because I have a 13 year quit and it's easy for me at this stage.  In the beginning I found that making short-term goals was best.  This Daily Pledge is a real simple but strong tool to keep in your Quit Kit  to hold yourself accountable.)

karenthill

Not sure how this works, but I'm happy to take your hand, @Giulia, or anyone's to get through this. Today is my the first day of my quit, and I'm determined to do this!  I pledge not to smoke today.

Giulia

karenthill  You're here, you got it!  Only ashbashcash was the last to pledge (I just made a comment to them after), so you're really taking THEIR hand.  And the next to pledge will take your other hand.

elvan

karenthill‌ I am happy to take your hand today as I pledge not to smoke, no matter what.  My other hand is extended to the next person who is ready to pledge with us. CONGRATULATIONS on your first day!

Ellen 1959 DOF

karenthill

Thanks, Ellen!  Doing well so far. I actually haven't  had a craving yet today!  I think the patches and staying connected here help a lot.  I've spent a lot of time on my phone this morning, though....playing games and answering emails , also washing my clothes. I'm glad for the support here!

Karen