cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

NicMensinga

Confession...

Hey everyone. So I slipped again this weekend... I ended up smoking some of my son's cigarettes. I've probably had 10 over a couple of days.. He has finally agreed to not buying or bringing any more in to the house. He is finally over smoking too! It's going to make it easier to do it now and I'm happy he wants to get healthy too. Just wanted to confess and be accountable for my actions  

I have felt anxious all day with the ups and downs of nicotine in my body. Every time I slip it becomes even clearer as to the effect it has on my body and mind. At least there's lessons in it. 

From tomorrow, NOPE!!! Hope you are all well & smoke-free!!

Have a great day!

23 Replies
indingrl

WELCOME AND CONGRATS TO YOU AND YOUR SON!!! WAY TO GO!!! Yahooooooo and GOOD JOB!!!!

0 Kudos
Barbara145

Great plan.  You can do it.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

It would be helpful for you to make a decision that you will not smoke another cigarette NO MATTER WHAT - and have an idea of what distractions you can use in these early days to get past a crave.  You make the decision - and then honor it.

You CAN do this - just make up your mind!  Glad you are starting right back in!

Nancy

Mandolinrain

Glad to hear your getting right back on track. Like Nancy said, its important to understand why you caved and what your plan will be next time. I recommend you make a list of ALL things that make you crave and write beside them what You will do when they occur. You can do this and we are here for you no matter what, okay  Chin up, we still loves ya!

notch9

I think you need to work on your mindset to have a successful quit. Replace "I slipped" with "I threw away my quit." Each person's quit is their own. Why not quit today?

NicMensinga

Yep that's what I am doing today!

0 Kudos
sweetplt

You got some good advice above me...I want to add all smoking paraphernalia needs to be removed from the house...You can’t smoke what’s not there around you...and if your son doesn’t want to quit, he could do it elsewhere...glad you came here, but every time you start smoking, it puts you back in withdrawal...so going though “ups and downs” will continue to happen...I hope you are prepared today and make it Day Won...~ Colleen 175 DOF 

NicMensinga

Threw everything out last night. We are both on board today.. Even if he chooses not to, I will stay on track...

maryfreecig

It is not a crime to say "I chose to smoke because..."  I'm 5 years 7 months smober and I'm working my quit, but I realize that if I smoke, it's because I choose to. I have no plans to do so. I know that nicotine (smoking) is an addiction, no doubt about it--but that does not mean that I am helpless or powerless. Sometimes I'd rather have helplessness and powerlessnes be my excuse, but smobriety tells me to keep walking. You can get this one day at a time. Yes you can.