cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michwoman

A Very Sad Day

It is a very heavy heart that I tell you all that our dear friend Sharon - AKA Smorgy has passed away. She went home to God on Tuesday, May 21st. Rest in Peace my Roller Coaster, Cruisin' Buddy! I will miss you so much! Sharon.jpg

Tags (1)
36 Replies
Mandolinrain

I am so sorry to hear about this. She was beautiful inside and out from what I ever read about her in her blogs. My condolences go out to those of you who kew her personally. 

0 Kudos
sweetplt

I am sorry for your loss...please accept my condolences ~ Colleen 

0 Kudos
MarilynH

I am so sorry to hear this I've got tears in my eyes but then again she's not suffering anymore she's at peace in Heaven! She was such a loving soul and was such a huge support for me in the old platform and helped me through some horrid rough patches, RIP dear friend! 

Brenda_M

I’m very sad to hear this news, but I’m also so angry. I hate that lung cancer research lags behind other cancer research because people feel it’s deserved. I just donated in Sharon’s memory to lung cancer research. It’s just a dumb little thing I did because I’m hurt and mad, but I hope it does just a tiny bit of good. She’s a wonderful, inspiring person, and the world is worse for her leaving it. 

Michwoman

Brenda it was not a dumb thing at all! It was very generous of you!

Mandolinrain

That was a very heartfelt thing to do Brenda. God Bless you

ShawnP

It is indeed a sad day  After many, many heart to heart conversations, i got to meet her first time last year on cruise. I will never forget the fun we had, the laughs shared. we need a future cruise in honor of Sharon. We know that she is now in a place that we all dream about and walking the heavenly streets where there is nothing but joy, no suffering or sadness. RIP Smorgy  Love ya.

4.7 (1).jpg5.46.jpg12 (1).jpg27.jpg39.jpg

Giulia

Thanks for sharing those photos, Shawn.

0 Kudos
NewMe

I am so sad to hear that another of our fellow Ex'ers had to succumb to a smoking-induced end of life. Sharon was an amazing soul, and she was definitely one of the more active and encouraging members of the community when I first came on. After she found out she had cancer, her incredible will to survive and maintain a positive attitude no matter what was definitely an inspiration. I hate to add this footnote, but part of the reason I found the ability within myself to succeed after many many failed attempts to quit smoking was that after meeting (virtually) some amazing people on this site who were able to pass along the secrets to success for beating this addiction, you find out they did not quit in time to save themselves. May Sharon rest in peace and I will be forever grateful for the inspiration she provided here.