cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

KayTee815

Does the jitteriness with Wellbutrin ease up?

I am on the last step of my Wellbutrin SR with a quit date 2 weeks away.  I've been on 150mg 2 x day for five days now and feel very jittery and my hands tremble.  Is this normal?  It doesn't bother my sleep at night (I take my 2nd dose just prior to bedtime) but during the day I feel like I've had waaaay too much caffeine.  I've given up my coffee and my diet coke but still feel very jittery. I hope quitting the smokes is as easy lol  Any suggestions?

Tags (1)
7 Replies
anaussiemom

That is a lot! A whole lot!  I would go down to 150 w/Doc consent.

I take it no way could I take that much in 24 hrs.  I would bounce off the walls.....etc.

anaussiemom

We are not medical people true that!   Knowing many people who have taken it, have some nasty negative side effects.  Snarky, shaky, loss of sleep, 300 mgs a day is a lot!  Please talk to your doc about cutting some of it down.  MHO

I worked in a facility for woman, dispensing meds...  Watching for side effects with all of their other issues.  My biggest part of my job was monitoring/  Lots of welbutrin was prescribed.   They were substance abusers detoxing.   Not an easy feat, to come into a facility, no smokes, no coffee, no anything addicting. 

Please I ask once again to contact your Doc.

Hugs.

sweetplt

We are not medical people, please call your Doctor and ask this question...it is better to be safe then sorry...Keep us posted...Gotcha in my Thoughts ~ Colleen 165 DOF 

Barbscloud

Ditto, check with doctor.  I used Welbutrin this time along with nicotrol inhalers.  I was supposed to increase to twice a day but never did because of on-going GI issues.

KayTee815

No word from doctor yet as it is the weekend. I checked with the pharmacist and I’m back down to 75 mg 2 x day. I feel so much better today. A lot of energy but no shakes! Thank you all so much for your kind, helpful, supportive replies. 

Barbscloud

Glad you're feeling better today.   We're here to celebrate your quit date.   Stay in touch in the meantime.

Barb

LKevinl

My doctor started me on Wellbutrin two weeks before my quit date. This was to let me get used to it. I got jitters and lots of energy 150 mg. calmed down and is helping me in this very early stage of quitting. Dr thinks 300 mg would be too much for me.

0 Kudos