cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jesseblackman

Serious Shrinkage

Has anybody else’s penises gotten smaller since using a nicotine?

Tags (1)
5 Replies
indingrl

Oh MY hurry to YOUR PROFESSIONAL DOCTOR - ONLY YOURS jesseblackman seems to have an issue with being OFF YOUR DRUG of CHOICE NICOTINE- PLEASE  STAY NICOTINE FREE AND CALL YOUR OWN PROFESSIONAL DOCTOR NOW - We will NOT be able to HELP YOU Jesse with that specific issue  - WE are RECOVERING NICOTINE ADDICTS -  NOT PROFESSIONAL DOCTORS - please get HELP soon! Thank you!

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

jesseblackman

I would contact your health care professional for guidance. I am not aware of a side effect and cannot provide medical guidance here.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
marciem

I agree with those above.

In the 6 1/2 years I've been participating in quit-smoking sites, I have seen NUMEROUS gentlemen mention that they have improved erections, harder and longer-lasting, since they quit smoking.  I've never seen anyone mention "shrinkage".   

This has often been brought up as a "secret" added benefit of quitting smoking.

then again you didn't mention the state of your penis at this "shrunken" state, tumescent or flaccid.  Again, I agree you should see your health care professional about this.

0 Kudos
Giulia

There have been studies done on ED due to cigarette smoking, but don't know about reduction in normal size.  Nicotine is a vaso-constrictor.  Have you just started smoking?

The link between long-term cigarette smoking and erectile dysfunction (ED) is robust and indicates that cigarette smoking is an independent risk factor for introducing vasculogenic impotence [13]. Large cross-sectional [48] and longitudinal [9] epidemiological studies suggest that smokers are about 1.5–2 times as likely as nonsmokers to report ED, even after controlling for confounding cardiovascular risk factors. In fact, a meta-analysis of 19 studies over two decades revealed that 40% of men with ED were current smokers compared with 28% of men in the general population . (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2864030/)

marciem

oh bless you Giulia‌!!  I completely mis-read his original post.... since this is a quit-smoking site I thought he was asking about shrinkage after QUITTING.  Yes, the statistics are there for sexual problems with smokers.  Smoking adversely affects nearly all, if not ALL, body systems, even those we think it doesn't touch.

0 Kudos