Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Alicatsam

Mother's Day

Mother's day,  huge trigger for me. 

I know most moms aren't like my mom.

Happy Mother's Day to all moms out there. Mine, too, wherever she may be. She passed from pancreatic cancer a few years ago.

To my mother,

I wish you'd had a better life, for your sake and mine. But I know that despite our communication issues, you ultimately wanted me to be happy. I think I am getting there.

6 Replies
AnnetteMM

I lost my mother over 50 years ago, and I still have a hard time on Mother's Day, so I get it.

Try to find something fun to do tomorrow. Something just for you.

YoungAtHeart

No matter your issues, I believe in my heart that your Mom always wanted you to be healthy and happy.

Do find something to do for YOU tomorrow - or, if you know of a place, give a bit to another.  If you have a nursing home near you, might you ask them for permission to visit someone who doesn't have children close  and maybe take some flowers?  Or take something to the nurses and aides who have to work tomorrow?  Giving to others never fails to give back to ME!

Andstillirise

We can’t choose our parents unfortunately, but we can choose how to re program ourselves from the tapes we’ve been raised to have in our heads ...

Sometimes parents don’t leave a good legacy for their adult kids , so it’s important we MAKE one for ourselves. And truly love ourselves . 

Hang in there ! 

sweetplt

Happy Mom’s day...you and I are mom’s of furry babies...~ Colleen

Barbara145

Forgiving our parents is a wonderful step on our healing journey of quitting smoking.

Christine13

Mom's aren't perfect, but I do believe your Mom wanted the best for you.  I hope today is a good day for you anyway.

xo