cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

IrishRose

WE ASK ONLY ONE THING OF YOU...

Before you decide to destroy your beautiful quit, we ask only one thing of you...

Come to this site and talk about it first.  Talk about what has gotten you to that point in your quit.  Chances are you will give yourself enough time and build up enough strength to just say no to that thought process of giving in to your addiction.

Just give it a try.  You might like the outcome and be a stronger person for it.  You surely will be healthier in body, not to mention mind.

20 Replies
indingrl

Amen that is so true and it works every TIME i come here FIRST no matter what! Thank YOU so much for teaching ME to remember- blog BEFORE I take that first puff over ME- gentle hug.

IrishRose

indingrl‌ , and thank you for teaching me about love and hope, My Dear Dianne Joy!  We learn from each other.  One has strength in an area of life that another lacks.  We teach each other, My Loving Friend!!!

indingrl

Awe your welcome.

Barb102

Wonderful advice. I did it and it sure worked. Typing back and forth and reading what was said gave me strength and enough time passed that the crave did too. It taught me that I could with the support of the EXers really do this   I did you can too. We are always here to help you

IrishRose

Barb102 , that is what worked for me also.  I spent a lot of time on this site, a lot of time, when I quit.  I talked to people; I shared my feelings; I encouraged others.  If I woke up in the middle of the night, I would go have a cancer stick, then go back to bed.  When I quit, instead of smoking a cancer stick in the middle of the night, I would log on to this site.  There was always someone or something to keep my mind busy on this site.  This site and the people here were my lifelines.  And, it worked!  I am living proof.

sweetplt

Hi IrishRose this is so true...excellent reminder to all of us...I sometimes wish when someone is new and we welcome them and ask questions that they respond sometimes...oh geez, me asking too much...my hubs would say...”not everyone lives in your world Colleen” hahaha...Have a good day...~ Colleen 155 DOF 

IrishRose

sweetplt‌ , I often wonder why new people do not respond to questions when asked also.  You are not asking too much.    It would make sense that if someone reaches out to you, it would be a good idea to grab that hand and talk it out to help with your quit.  My husband tells me the same thing, although, I do not pay him any attention.  My brother told me once, "Don't expect a behavior, and you won't be disappointed."  Makes sense, but that does not satisfy my curiosity as to "why".  hahahaha

elvan

Wish I could mark this as helpful.  I came to the site whenever things got tough, I may or may not have posted but I read and I got stronger as my quit got stronger.  

Love,

Ellen

IrishRose

elvan‌ , no doubt, even if you have nothing to say, you can read.  Remember when we could go visit a person's "house".  I always mention Giulia's house.  It was my favorite place to visit, even when she was not home.  hahahahaha  I would click on all the cool links she had to keep me entertained, keep my mind occupied.  She had some real awesome photos of animals too - I remember one in particular, the lynx.