cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandolinrain

Night Jasmine plant just arrived

Thanks Dale  JonesCarpeDiem for the idea about this plant. It says it os grown here in Ohio, so I expect it should thrive here. Can't wait. Its pretty small right now. Today looks like the only warm sunny day so I may put it in today? I need to research the planting times for oil to be sure.

I am feeling better but still coughing and runny nose sneezing. I am beginning to think this is ALL allergy related. Pollen is high in our area right now. Company flying in tomorrow night staying for a week. I will check in on Ex as I am able to.

Heres the Jasmine plant. Does anyone know if it is a slow grower? Its SO SMALL!!!! I just opened it and its full of dirt all over the leaves. I just couldn't  wait to show it off, lol

IMG_4553.jpg

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
12 Replies
sweetplt

Beautiful Jasmine plant Missy...I know nothing about them, except when they bloom they smell beautiful...Enjoy your company, but be sure to get your rest and feel better...Miss you when you aren’t around the Ex’s...Happy Day ... Colleen 154 DOF 

Mandolinrain

Aww thanks sweetie. I will stop in off and on, I promise. I miss y'all too much...I cant stay away

0 Kudos

I would think you could go to a large local nursery and get 5 gallon ones. 

Christine13

beautiful little plant Missy, enjoy your company, hope you feel better soon!

Giulia

They say it's a moderately fast grower.

https://dengarden.com/gardening/Night-Blooming-Jasmine-Cestrum-Nocturnum

By the way, it's toxic to pets and humans.  (Depends on the variety I think?)  https://csuvth.colostate.edu/poisonous_plants/Plants/Details/121  

I couldn't find anything on pets and humans in that link.

I don't think dogs or cats would eat it. We had a serpentine arbor 7 feet tall and 40 feet long covered with it and Hoggie used to romp through it.

A baby might want to eat it because it smells so good.

Animals Affected
Horses, cattle, sheep. goats, pigs, chickens
0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

I'm just a bit concerned since deer have same diet as horses, cattle,,,etc....I am growing it inside for now and will transplant outside when it gets larger. I do have a more contained area near house where I could plant it and deer cant have to for an appetizer, lol

0 Kudos
elvan

I have never had one but it sure is intriguing.  Hope you feel better when you have company AND next week when you get to the beach!

Love,

Ellen

Mandolinrain

I am SO READY for that beach, sure hope weather is good!