cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MarilynH

(:(:(: My coffee kicked in :):):)

I was in the shower when the caffeine kicked in I was thinking about this quit smoking journey that we're all on together which I wrote about in my blog this morning and I thought {{{ we're all just one puff away from relapse }}} Whether we're days weeks months or years quit we must not let ourselves become lazy and complacent that's WHY N.O.P.E  WORKS!

We must be vigilant while going about our daily routines because reaping the benefits of being an EXer is LIFE at its BEST so let's treasure our quits and keep the yuckies (cigarettes) away from our face because Freedom is the gift of LIFE......

49150af603024722aa3818b9f85f1372.jpg

12 Replies
indingrl

Thanks for sharing Marilyn- for ME no caffine for 7 YEARS went out AFTER death sticks- yahoooooo- learning and growing and healing - PTL- aka- Praise The Lord! gentle hug.

MarilynH

Gentle hug my friend and Fellow Exer and most definetly EXtended family XO .....

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

i-have-seen-things-awful-things-empty-coffee-cup-things-22867351.png

MarilynH

0 Kudos
anaussiemom

59571898_860630057624725_3675846205503438848_n.jpg

IrishRose

Oh, that is so very true...  "{{{ we're all just one puff away from relapse }}} Whether we're days weeks months or years quit"

That is all it takes...  just one, and then you have to go through all of that torture again, mentally and physically, when you decide that you screwed up, and put the cancer sticks down again.   You will put them down again.  When you start wanting to quit, your mind and body are sending silent little signals to you that you need to pay attention to your addiction.  

If you never smoked before, don't try one, because it is a waste of good health and money.

If you are thinking about quitting, do it!!!  If you are quit, protect it!!!

Happy Sunday to you, Dear Lady!

Irish Rose 

MarilynH

Huge hug coming your way Irish Rose .....

AnnetteMM

I think about that all the time. One puff. One drag. One inhale. One cigarette in my hand.

That's all it takes. I can NEVER do that. NEVER.

Christine13

I don't want only one cigarette I want them all.  One puff, one slip and day one again.