cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Andstillirise

Day 20

I don’t really have any questions just wanted to say I’m at day 20 ! 

Haven’t gained any weight , went to my dr and had thyroid checked ( I was a bit paranoid ) and it’s fine . I’m briskly walking 5 miles a day ( even in the rain ) , I’m cooking and meal prepping , I’m spending hours a day in the garden , growing vegetables and soaking up the sun . 

Still sad and anxious lots of times during the day but I know it will pass and I know having a sad memory or thought does NOT require a smoke . 

I’ve found for me , having a positive , upbeat attitude has helped me enormously this time . 

I want to thank everyone on this site who has been supportive and encouraging the past 20 days ....

When things are hard , I come on here and read for 30 mins or so and it’s comforting to know I’m not alone in feeling lost and anxious sometimes 

Tags (1)
10 Replies
avian3

It sounds like you are doing great and congratulations on 20 days!!

Forcing yourself to have that upbeat, positive attitude will help you so much. Even on the days I felt down, I would try to focus on all the positives in my life.

sweetplt

Great Job...20 Days of Freedom is super...I am happy for you that you haven’t gained weight.  I wish I could press a button and say this is one of the best posts.  You are having good and bad moments...yet you are working through them...and know that a positive attitude helps...things will pass with time...be proud Andstillirise ... ~ Colleen 150 DOF 

0 Kudos
indingrl

Yahoooooooooo WAY TO GO! CONGRATS 20 DAYS LIVING YOUR WONDERFUL NON SMOKER LIFESTYLE- gentle hug.

Barbscloud

Congrats on 20 days and I'm glad you feeling more comfortable about the weight.  Keep that positive attitude flowing.

Barb

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Congratulations on a DDC x 2! 

Sounds like you are choosing a healthy lifestyle to go along with your newly smoke free life! 

Good for you!

Nancy

0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

Just an FYI then, you don't have to post as a question or discussion. You can post as a personal blog and everyone will see it.

Strudel

You are so right - having that positive, upbeat attitude makes all the difference! I have been here for almost 9 years and I can usually spot those who will be successful based on their attitude. You have got the kind of attitude that gets this done! Congrats to you! 

0 Kudos
Sootie

YAY for DAY 20! You are really moving along! No weight gain is fantastic so you must be eating correctly and exercising! GREAT PLAN! Stick to it.

Stay Strong.

0 Kudos
elvan

Wow, what a great post, I am so happy for you!  You are doing GREAT!

Ellen

0 Kudos