cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Tanuaj13

Day 1

so far so good. Gum and coffee. Went to doc got a cortisone shot in wrist  went and looked at flooring for kitchen. Back home. Read stuff on my his site.  Thanks guys!  I’ve had cravings but I keep finding things to do.   

9 Replies
TW517

If you run out of things to do, I've got a bunch of chores at my house .  You are doing great!  Gum, coffee and staying busy worked great for me too.  Can't wait to hear about your Day Won!

sweetplt

Welcome to Day 1 that will be Day Won...Hang in there, drink lots of water...I am doing the happy Dance...~ Colleen 149 DOF 

pastedImage_1.gif

YoungAtHeart

Education  - check!

Gum - check!

Staying busy - check!

(didn't see sipping water - might add that!)

Can't WAIT to celebrate Day Won later!!

Tanuaj13

I am drinking a lot of Coca Cola. I usually drink a lot of coffee. But it’s hot and cold is better. Plus I get hot flushes in this stage Of life. I know that I need water.  I just don’t like it. I will try to go get some lemons or limes to ad to a glass. That helps me to drink it 

elvan

Tanuaj13‌ I was never a water drinker either but I found after I quit smoking that I was significantly less tolerant of caffeine.  If I drink anything with caffeine in it after 2:00PM, I won't sleep all night.  I used to drink a pot of coffee every day, now, I drink one cup and I also drank Diet Coke all day and now I never have more than one a day.  I do drink sparkling water that is flavored and I have a water filter on my faucet so the water is not as unpleasant.  Sometimes, I slice lemons up or oranges if I am drinking a large glass of water but it does help flush the toxins out of your system.

Sounds like you are doing GREAT,

Ellen

Barbscloud

Congrats on your decision to quit and your first day smoke free.  Keeping busy really helped me a lot.   

mrios5776

Good luck on your journey!

KatherineF

Great job! Keeping yourself busy is the way to go! And come here and read some uplifting posts. That always helped me at first.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Katherine!

Good to see you here!  Congrats on your quit milestone!

Nancy