cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lqsi12

My spots

Great weather out today, went an visited some old spots I like to walk and talk at. Often times I would have my favorite buddy with me, but he passed several years ago.  So now when I need a bit of mind clearing I still head to these places.  Some are woods, others are board walks in swampy areas that are around pitcher plant bogs or rivers, but at most of these I would smoke at.  So today was a test to see how I would do, the craves were not bad at the first one, but the second and third, I had passing thoughts of a cigarillo. So today I enjoyed those spaces even more, without worrying if I had a lighter before l left the car, or If I had my " 2 Pak for .99 " with me.  Nope today I got to take it all in, and not be concerned if I met someone along the way that wanted to carry on a conversation, I would need to put out my cigarillo.  Sure will be ready when it those smoking day craves are a distant memory.  At least it's better than ever. 

5 Replies
sweetplt

Ah you are doing super  lqsi12 the hardest are those old spots that remind us of smoking...but then we do them, a bit uncomfortable, but make it through....next time will be that much better...new memories...glad you had good weather to take it all in...my game friend...have a great night...~ Colleen 145 DOF 

Mandolinrain

Wonderful! I love walking. Now I take our dog every morning for a walk and its our time  I recall when I used to run, ( years ago) and come home and sit on the stoop and smoke. Wow, how crazy was that? I can hardly believe I ever smoked nowadays. Its an awesome feeling I never thought I wold experience. Im so glad to be truly free of them and I am so happy to see you protecting your quit. Your doing super

elvan

Great job and it IS going to get better...the only way out is through.

Ellen

0 Kudos
DonnaMarie

That's pretty cool to have one of those experiences. I still haven't taken a long car trip or gone to an outdoor social gathering. I will, but I'm not ready yet. I'm planning an overnight solo trip in July; I believe by then that I'll be able to do it without agonizing

Donna

Day 132

DavesTime

Ah, "the old spots."  As a closet smoker I had a number of these--places where I could smoke with less of a chance of being "found out." 

I'd stop at one of these on my way to/from work.  It was a park with a nice walking track.  Another was an entry point near a river--a pretty spot where I could have lunch and smoke couple of cigs (or three) before driving back to the office.  Another was a nature trail in the hills just five minutes from home--beautiful, especially in the spring.  I haven't yet gone back to the last two spots, but I can tell you, the first couple of times I went to walk at the first place I definitely felt the trigger.  Fortunately, that pull toward a cigarette at that spot is receding into the past.  There are a number of other "smoking spots" that conjure up thoughts of having a cig in my mind, but I'm far enough along in my quit to push them aside fairly easily.  You are doing good!