cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Kelly16

Day 182- 6 months!!

Ahhhhh 6 months!  Insane to think I've been smoke free for 6 months. The weather here in Maine is getting more seasonable/reasonable, so I'm sure once I start grilling in the backyard and having a few beers on the patio the desire to smoke will come back stronger than it has throughout the cold winter. However, I am 6 months into this journey, and I am stronger now than I ever was, physically, mentally, emotionally. Bring it on. I am actually excited to be outside and enjoy warmer temperatures without the worry of how I'll manage without a cigarette. 

It's insane really. Just absolutely insane. In the best possible way.  

Cheers,

Kelly 

Tags (1)
7 Replies
DavesTime

Hey, Kelly, a big CONGRATULATIONS on your six month anniversary.  You should be proud of yourself--it's a big deal!  You are learning new strategies and creating new habits.  I'm at 7.5 months, and I know that as Spring springs some of my seasonal triggers will hit.  But both of us can handle them now, can't we?  Congratulations!

Mandolinrain

Many Congrats to you to DavesTime

Mandolinrain

Sending you big congrats and pretty flowers! Wonderful job!

Unknown-1.jpeg

elvan

Congratulations to you...when you are going to go outside to grill, be sure that you have things set up a little differently from when you smoked...maybe add some plants to the place...make sure there are no ashtrays or smoking paraphernalia.  I had my first beer after I had been quit for six months...I came very close to losing my quit, admittedly, I am a lightweight.  I was at a party and I had to excuse myself and leave.  I think I was the only person there who was not smoking.  It was an outdoor party but the beer went with cigarettes in my mind.  I didn't smoke, now I have more than five years of freedom and I am so happy about that.

Six months is awesome!

Ellen

AnnetteMM

Congratulations! You've made it through the desert of No Man's Land, and you're in the Village of In-between now. It's interesting you mention beers on the patio. It was when I was in the village I discovered I can't drink wine anymore. It triggers the urge, but beer didn't. While you're here you can learn all your triggers in a safer place than the desert. Bring all that new knowledge here to share!

indingrl

YAHOOOOOOOOOO CONGRATS KELLY 6 MONTHS NON SMOKER LIFE STYLE AND WAY TO GO! 

sweetplt

Congratulations Kelly16 on 6 months quit...Have a plan for cook out and beer...keep those hands busy...You are doing great with your Freedom from smoke...Enjoy the day ~ Colleen 142 DOF