cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kj-1

That first one

Any hints, suggestions for that first cigarette. I cant seem to shake that one or two in the morning to get me going.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
tammy26

I used to have to have a cig first thing in the morning, my trick was to get up and brush my teeth then I didnt want a cig cuz it doesnt taste good. My other trick was cinnamon candies. Good luck.
0 Kudos
michele2

The last 2 mornings I have slept in as late as I can, before I have to get up and get everyone going for school. I make sure I have everything ready the night before, so that we aren't late. I find with getting up only a few minutes before I get the kids up, keeps me busy until after I drop them off at school. I still crave that first one, but this has been helping so far.
0 Kudos
anna12

I just quit myself so I don't know how much help I may be but I'm working with my doctor on quitting and using the patch has really helped me thus far. I've made it a week and the cravings are not that bad vs the HABIT of having one in my hand! I've also brushed my teeth and used sugar free gum to help. And the first 3 days I had a straw as my "cigarette" just to have something in my hand. It worked! Hope this helped ya out and don't ever forget your not alone in this. =0)
0 Kudos
kim12

Hi Ann
I don't have any tips but that is my big fear as well after my first 2 in the morning I can go almost all day, if I focus on it and then a couple in the evening, again those are my good days other days not so good
0 Kudos
quit4melody

OJ! It's the most nasty thing in the world to drink orange juice and smoke (at least for me). My drive in was where I would smoke so I started bringing juice in the car with me. If that doesn't deter you how about milk?
0 Kudos
mae

Michele, I do the same.. The longer I'm in bed in the morning, then the busier I am with my babes, and it seems I can go until after I arrive back home to smoke.. Today is my day ONE. I started with a patch yesterday afternoon around 3p. Good luck m0mmies!
0 Kudos