cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

nevergiveup

Major Meltdowns?

Here I am at DOF 40. Lots of simultaneous changes happening in my life all at once. Not coping very well. Started the end of last week and isn't really getting any better. Feel like cipinc skills have been wiped out completely. Not suicidal... it's not THAT bad & I haven't caved, but man am I struggling! Cigarettes have lost their control over me although I feel like I lost my best friend in a way. They were, no doubt, my go-to when I got stressed.

12 Replies
nevergiveup

*coping skills

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Your emotions are right on schedule:  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2011/05/24/no-mans-land-days-30-to130-appr....  Folks here in the early days noticed that a lot of quits were lost during the time period 30-130 days and decided to highlight it by giving it a name.

You are traveling through there now.  Get out those tools that you used early in your quit...use positive self talk and start exercising if you can.  This is the last difficult part of your journey...you are almost THERE!

Hang tough!

Nancy

nevergiveup

Thanks, Nancy. It sucks. Planned to started exercising anyway. My current mindset will likely make that happen asap! Gonna check out No Man's Land. Appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Thinking of you. Nancys advice is Golden. Do read up on No mans land. Glad you came here and didn't smoke. I be thinking of you and praying for strength for you

nevergiveup

Thanks Mandolinrain! Already read it. SO glad I stumbled upon this site again. It's likely to be my lifeline til I get through this rough patch.

Mandolinrain

Stay near the site, and blog as often as you need

AnnetteMM

Think about how you coped before you quit. Smoking surely isn't the only coping technique you have in at your disposal. If going outside and getting away from people is what you did you can still do that. Go for a walk! In any case, congratulations on 40 Days Won!

elvan

Stay close to the site, read blogs, comment, write how you are feeling, there is always someone here who has been where you are or who is just about there.  The strength you will get from this site is phenomenal.  No Man's Land scared me but then I really didn't want to leave it because I felt pretty well insulated with the support.  You are doing great.

sweetplt

You need to find other things (healthy ways) to cope...just like a non smoker...for me I offer the stress to God...and if there is something I can do to help, I will but what I can’t change to accept...also, I do meditation...find what works for you...smoking doesn’t change any of life’s problems...and I am proud of you for choosing not to smoke...~ Colleen 140 DOF