Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

twalker94

Does coffee help to stop smoking

Does coffee help stop smoking 

12 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

I am not sure. some people drink less coffee because the caffeine can be a trigger to smoke.  I drink more. 

green1611

Agree. It depends. Some used to prefer coffee and cigarette (together or smoking after coffee). 

To quit smoking, such earlier situation will trigger more for smoke. Good to avoid both after quit if so.

sweetplt

No quick fix to smoking...knowledge, preparation and hard work gets you smoke free...come join the journey....Colleen 139 DOF 

Barbscloud

Never heard that.  Some have to quit coffee early on, but I didn't.

Barbara145

It helped me.  I drank strong, small cups several time throughout the day.  It helped replace the boost I had previously gotten from cigarettes.  Coffee is a health food drink as long as you are mindful of what you are putting in it.

Jennifer-Quit

Drinking coffee was never a trigger for me to smoke - but for many it does trigger a crave.  Do what works for you!  Best wishes!

YoungAtHeart

There is no panacea available to make quitting easy and painless.  Don't know how coffee would help, except the caffeine boost might help replace the dopamine hit you experience when you smoke.

I wish there WERE a magic potion to make it easier, but alas, it takes education, planning, preparation, commitment and support to be successful.

Please start with the reading I recommended  - especially the book by Allen Carr.  It will change the way you think about smoking!

Nancy

maryfreecig

This might be MOO (my opinion only). No, coffee does not help anybody quit. But some do choose to lean on coffee more to help distract from thoughts of smoking. It's a hand to mouth replacement too, I suppose. I drank coffee for that reason. But I chose this behavior. I knew it could not replace the effect of smoking and that in time I'd have to get over the nicotine addiction. That was over 5.5 years ago. You can get over the dependency one day at a time, just like so many of us quitters. Give it a chance and a lot of can do power.

minihorses

Maybe, it depends how many pots you chug at once.  As long as you are buzzing and shaky with caffeine you can't hold or light a cigarette!  

winking-face.png