cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beck37

Attacked

Milos has 2 favorite words, bye bye and walk. Let’s just say that if you don’t intend on doing one of those things you better spell it out.  So last Sunday evening when I suggested we go for a walk his Happy Dance said it all. We had only just made it down our driveway when I spotted a couple walking 2 extremely large German Shepard’s (Milo is 38 pounds). We were on opposite sides of the road however so didn’t expect any issues. Then we get next to them and the woman loses control and the dog starts to charge at us. Then the man loses control and that dog charges at us. Next thing I know I have 2 huge dogs trying to kill my Milo!!!! I threw my body on top of him while the whole time they are trying to get him. I just formed a human cocoon over him, while they are trying to pull him out from under me. At one point he screamed. One bit me, but I didn’t care cause I was not going to let them kill my baby.....

Finally the owners were able to get them off of us. Milo was bleeding. I was totally shaken up.... and the parents of these dogs never said a word to me. Didn’t apologize, didn’t ask me how we were. Didn’t offer their name, phone number, nothing. I understand that they were probably worried that I would call the police and were concerned for their own kids. I get that, but we were just innocent victims that were trying to take a walk on our own street on a beautiful Sunday evening and now I have a hurt (part of his ear was actually torn off) and traumatized dog and a $270 vet bill. I would not have called the police as a dog lover, I place the blame on the humans..... you have no business walking dogs that you are not physically able to control. Both I and Milo could have been killed! 

But out guess what... I didn’t smoke. 

Beck

Tags (1)
67 Replies
anaussiemom

Negligence is important thing to report.  They are walking dangerous dogs, that will and did attack.  If it were a child or another small dog.....   Please consider filing a complaint, to protect you and the hopefully prevent future mauling, or attacks.

Hugs Kim

Beck37

Unfortunately I have no clue where they live....

Sent from my iPad

0 Kudos

You'll see em around again sometime. I'm with Kim. The dogs are dangerous or they would not have attacked.

M n @ Signature 002-5.JPG

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

I glad you and Milo are ok.  I would have done the same thing.  I've done some crazy stuff when my dogs were involved. I worry about that kind of thing myself.  Cloud was a bigger dog, but totally defenseless.   I totally agree with Kim.  You don't now who it might be the next time.  Let's assume they live somewhere in the vicinity.  I would still report it.  The fact that they left without any concern for you or your dog says something about them being negligent owners.  They may have been worried about their own kids, but what about yours? I'm speechless that they didn't provide information to you. If nothing else, they owe you for the vet bill  It's call being a responsibile pet owner!!!

Barb

Beck37

I know my mom has wanted me to call the police also. I honestly do not think they will be showing their faces around here again. Thank goodness he is finally feeling better..... The vet tech told me she doesn’t ever walk her dogs without carrying her stun gun as she has been attacked also.  Says just the noise of it going off scares dogs. Have been looking on Amazon. This is not the first time we have been attacked. 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

What the heck is the world coming too.   Even pepper spray, which I did carry sometimes in certain locations.

0 Kudos
Beck37

The only thing is my area is pretty windy so pepper spray could be dangerous to us....

0 Kudos
indingrl

WOW -  I am so sorry some humans are so ignorant of other human beings - I am so glad YOU and milo stayed nicotine free and milo' s vet took care of him and what about your bite- YOU need attention too? - gentle hug.

0 Kudos
Beck37

Thanks so much... my knees got pretty bloodied up and I still have large bandaids on them but they are healing. I’ve got a tooth-mark and bruising on my on my upper back arm (as my arms were over my head in cocooning him). It’s kind of still painful but I’ll live.

I’m just so thankful my baby boy wasn’t killed. He has the biggest, saddest, soul searching eyes in the world and he just looked at me like “your my mama, why did you let me get hurt?”

I know that’s crazy... but that’s how much I love my dogs, they are my kids...

Sent from my iPad