cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Gwenivere

MIA

Hi everyone.  I haven’t posted in a long time.  I have been checking in tho.  I dropped to the 7mg patch in February and it has not been going well, even with the back up lozenges.  Coincidentally many emotional and other physical issues have come up too.  This has resulted in withdrawl as it’s all I think about.  I don’t really need any advice, but I sure need to just get out my frustration.  I’ve read so much about nicotine and withdrawl I could scream.  So much conflicting info out there when I question something I am feeling.  The very worst of this is being alone in real life.   2nd is the clockwork of symptoms so I know when bad times will hit, regarding smoking and the other issues.  It’s complicated too. That the list of too little and too much nicotine look about the same.   That I can do very little physically to distract or want to is depressing.  I’m discouraged also as I really don’t feel any benefits like everyone talks about.  4 months into this and I feel worse than I ever have.  It’s not just the quit, it’s the tangle of so many huge issues and losing steam to unravel them.  All I want to do is sleep.  Escape.  My whole world is medically centered and in sleep I am free!

29 Replies
Sootie

Hello Gwen- since you indicate you don't need any advice........I'll just say I am sorry you are having such a rough time and I hope it improves.

Giulia

Vent away.  We're all good listeners here.  " It’s not just the quit, it’s the tangle of so many huge issues"  Maybe dealing with the huge issues will take care of the quit.

Gwenivere

It certainly will help.  I hear we are not given more than we can handle, but I don’t buy that.  Sometimes things just get to be too much wether coincidence or someone like me that thinks I have to solve everything right now.  Someone reminded me today to prioritize.  It just get worse when you pressure yourself.  Thanks Giulia Thank You

0 Kudos
elvan

I am so terribly sorry.  I am also really worried about you.  

Hugs,

Ellen

sweetplt

Glad you check in from time to time Gwenivere ... sorry to hear no improvements ~ Colleen 132 DOF 

Mandolinrain

I hope things level out for you soon so you can focus more on your quit. So sorry about your depression. Thinking of you and sending hope and prayers.

0 Kudos
anaussiemom

57076314_2418505878209586_5000960370710413312_n.jpg
Namaste

Barbara145

Good to hear from you.  When I feel overwhelmed by negativity I make a gratitude list.  Praying you will feel better.

DonnaMarie

My last successful quit (which I busted after a few years) was accomplished, in part, by the use of Xanax. I was a wreck with the issues you discussed. This is not advice, just saying what worked for me back then.

I don't have a problem with sleeping whenever you can, as long as it doesn't interfere with your job   I appreciated the freedom of dreams and not always agonizing over the withdrawal.

I'm glad you stopped by to speak up just a bit. Quitting is a son of a gun and is not easy for most people. Sorry you're having a tough time. I totally know how you feel.

Donna