cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

anaussiemom

Long Term Quitters

I Think it would be really helpful and beneficial, for the Elders here to change up their bios.

Many of us struggling to quit, would feel perhaps more hopeful, if we seen your cigarette amount, and how long you smoked.    It is hard to find all that information in blogs @ times..

The constant Elders that are here day after day, reaching out to so many, much applause and appreciation for that.  Truly!

By adding amount, and how long" you smoked,  will give many here much hope.  
Going thru so many blogs to find that, is sometimes timely. Some do not have that much time, due, to responsibilities in other aspects of their lives.
It is something I seek. I cannot be the only one?

Thank you for reading this.

Happy Friday

49033058_2169246336662669_8708066340331585536_n.jpg

18 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

It is something that could possibly be considered as an additional profile field. But putting it in one of the available fields for now wouldn't be a bad idea.  

Everyone has quit stats on their profile and as long as they have set a quit date and synced it and then also indicated the # of cigarettes they smoked/day on average it will calculate the # avoided.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
anaussiemom

I am not referring to stats.

Referring to what we type in our bio, tis all. ( it is two small little things, to add )
I will do it but I am not a quit.

0 Kudos
anaussiemom

I hear you JACKIE1-25-15  I understand.   Yes, it should" not the case for many new quitters.
For the new" it gives hope that it can be concurred knowing how long and how much...

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

I understand that everybody processes things differently especially if you are new" to the site.  

anaussiemom

53657266_2127736204007218_7676969770599579648_n.jpg

JACKIE1-25-15

For most of us, like myself, it has been at least 40 years +.   Some may have had previous long quits and relapsed.  However, for me, the most important timeframe is how long I have been FREE from nicotine.     Obviously, we were all addicts whether 1 yr to 40+.  who are in recovery from the addiction. Thank God.  A heroin addict or crack addict may have the same issues in recovery no matter how long they were addicted. (withdrawal) (changing the mindset) (commitment) (abstinence) (lifestyle change) the list could go on and on.  Being smoke-free. (period) no matter how long you smoked should give more hope than our past. Frankly which is more important?  Another thought, it may be a choice not to divulge that information just as those who chose not to publish their quit date.  My quit stats will give you some information but I truly believe this should not be the main focus but if it is important to you; suggest it to Admin and see if it can be accommodated, if not simply ask the person if it is a dire need to know.

gregp136

Not a requirement, but we all seek different information to help ourselves.  I would agree that the more that you are comfortable sharing the better.

JACKIE1-25-15

You are absolutely correct, some need and process information differently Some need more detail information others don't. . I was so focused on my quit that it did not matter to me how long someone had smoked.  I would look at the numbers and hoping that one day I would be there also.  I knew how long I smoked and that was enough for me but to each his own. The days of freedom gave me hope believing that I could do it too.  In the beginning, it seemed a very long way away but to God be the glory I am still smoke-free 1538 days which still doesn't seem to be a lot but now it is the milestones of freedom celebration that I look forward to.  Amen

SimplySheri

I don't understand why how many cigarettes I smoked has any bearing on someone else's quit...or how long I smoked.  I don't mind saying but it confuses me how that would be a help to someone else.  I quit on 6/4/13 and after smoking 15 cigarettes a day for 34 years.  But I know someone who smoked three cigarettes a day for 20 years and he is a wealth of good information about quitting  

I guess everyone thinks differently and that's ok!!