cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Hope-25

Is smoking e-cigs considered a slip?

My friends, I am thinking of smoking e cigarette. If I did will it considered a slip? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
anaussiemom

What do you think?  Do you think oops I slipped"? 

0 Kudos
virgomama

This is a tough question and I hope the elders step in on this one.  The primary objective is being SMOKE free because lots of people on here use patches, gum lozenges etc.  when they're first quitting.  Maybe Mark or elvanJonesCarpeDiemYoungAtHeart, can give you some guidance.

Vaping the same time you would have smoked?

Same motions as smoking delivering the same drug.

How do you unlearn those motions doing them?

Many vapers end up using more nicotine than they got smoking.

Guessing the majority never stop vaping.

You can do what you want. Remain an active nicotine addict or not.

dotoole5351

By vaping, you will be addicted to nicotine again. Often when ex-smokers start to vape after quitting, they end up smoking cigarettes all over again. I would highly advise not to.

Curious though, why do you want to start another habit similar to the one that you just cut free from? Is it because you are craving? Bored? 

maryfreecig

You've quit. Congratulations. Please don't mimmick smoking--you can get through the frayed nerves one hour at a time. It won't be that many days. Keep it simple, don't smoke and stick with Ex.

elvan

I did not use any NRT's or chantix or vaping, I smoked for 47 years and thanks to this site, I have been smoke free for over 5 years now. Quitting is a journey, it is not an event.  The more I hear about vaping, the more I think it is a terrible choice.  Some people START with vaping, become addicted to nicotine and move on to cigarettes, I really don't think it's a great idea.  If you need an NRT, I would suggest the patch.  You really CAN do this.

Ellen

linda258

From the reports  coming in these days... vaping might be more deadly than smoking... at least it takes a couple of years to die from smoking... vaping seems to be killing the young folk.  There is no easy way out of addiction.  

0 Kudos