cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Hope-25

lunch time

I t is time for lunch. I usually have a smoke after lunch. I think I will skip lunch today. 

Tags (1)
10 Replies
Barbscloud

Whatever works for you.   You can try, for example, eating in a different location, etc.

Barb

sweetplt

Or eat and then go for a walk...exercise helps cut the urge....but do what you must, just know hunger can create an urge or crave too...

dotoole5351

I bought a brain games booklet with crosswords, word searches and sodoku in them to do when I am finished eating. It helped so much. I also have been reading books a lot, so I also bring a good one to lunch with me. Makes me forget about smoking! 

YoungAtHeart

I like the suggestions of a walk or mind games to keep you busy after you eat.  Not eating is not a good idea.  There is an acronym we use here:  HALT.  Be especially on guard if you get Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired.  EAT!

SimplySheri

Don't forget to drink plenty of water, as well   You may skip lunch but sooner or later you're going to have to eat,  so change up your after eating routine as suggested above.  I also listened to music as I ate.  It put me in a good frame of mind   You can do this!!

Jennifer-Quit

It helped me to brush my teeth after a meal.  

Giulia

You might change WHAT you eat also to shake up your "normal" routine until the cravings come down a bit as you discover your new normal.  Maybe try different foods.  Just an idea.

Hope-25

Thank goodness I found a group support like you guys. I have my lunch while I’m reding. It works. 

Yours

Hope-25 

MarilynH

CONGRATULATIONS on your stupendous 25 precious Smokefree days and counting WTG,  you've got this quit firmly in your grasp deep breaths and keep moving forward stacking up those precious DOF so each evening you can say YAY for another Day WON..... Hope-25