cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Gwenivere

Hot

I’ve dropped down to 7mg patches the beginning of February.  Started with 14’s in December.  Have consistently used 4 to 5 2mg lozenges all 4 months.  Since the drop I am hot so much of the time, also kinda zoned out.  The lists of too little or too much nicotine have almost duplicate symptoms including these.  I skip one, I get hot.  I use one, I get hot.  Any ideas?   Has anyone else on NRT experienced this?  I’ve already read all the stuff about craves so no need to repeat that. I expected thevmental batle, but not this hanging on so long.

8 Replies
indingrl

Wow- congrats on your progress and did YOU call your PROFESSIONAL doctor or therapist - could be physical allergies call your PROFESSIONAL doctor or mental issues as pertaining to childhood memories or young adult or NOW memories connected with first time using YOUR drug of choice NICOTINE-  hence SUGGESTING - calling YOUR professional therapist ? Maybe the EX site manager Mark can help YOU get a professional help here the EX team or doctor Hays- gentle hug.

0 Kudos
Gwenivere

indingrl‌, I talked to a quit coach and heard from others that have gone cold turkey about the sweats.  I’ll message my doc.  She’ll probably be baffled, tho she is an ex smoker.  This quit thing is common in many ways for us, but there are subtle differences.  The mental aspect I’m not seeing a connection, but ya never know.  This is something that started when the nic drop did with the patches.  An obvious cause and effect.  Thanks for the help.

indingrl

You are most welcome- gentle hug.

0 Kudos
lqsi12

Hello, sorry to hear of all the difficulties your having, life not always fair.  Seems like you seen your share of problems. Prayers that life turns around for you soon. 

By no means am I an authority in nicotine or smoking NRT or much of anything really at all.  But I would like to give my opinion if your interested.  What I cannot understand is why can't you just give all those things up, and go cold turkey.  There is so so very much information and education here to help.  My thoughts are your life would improve.  Your just masking your problem with another, and that will continue until you face a real quit completely 

0 Kudos
Gwenivere

@lqsi, I guess I am more afraid of a cold turkey quit as I have so rmany other maladies in play.  If I could handle it.  The worst being a widow after having been a 4 year caregiver and now I’m on my own, totally.  2nd is having an anxiety disorder that is out of control because of all the stress. Was forced into the quit without prep nor at a time when things were relatively calm.  Had I a choice, I would have waited til I had firmer footing for the endeavor.  Best I could do was stop the inhalation of smoke and it has been over 4 months.  I do look back and say had I been able to do that, I’d be past the physical hell at least.  I do think about it every morning, but the physical withdrawl from overnight feels too much combined with above.  My life feels totally medical as social outlets have dried up.  Just trying the best I can with a scrambled brain for truly rational thinking.

0 Kudos
Barbara145

The feeling hot probably has to do with menopause.

anaussiemom

I had terrible sweats, mostly at night, with horrid insomnia from it.  I would not be surprised if were the patches, or other NRTS.  Getting ready to start patches tomorrow again.  I will let you know if they come back.  ( when I broke down and started smoking again it  stopped)?  Idk...

lqsi12

anaussiemom‌ stopping cold turkey here,  so I experienced many different factors, my ability to sleep was one, only for about 3- 5 hours a night, was't sure about whether I should keep blankets on, or sleep with only a sheet. Would doze off during the day unexpectedly. Bizarre vivid dreams for weeks, with headaches oh my, woke me sometimes, blood pressure out of control for the first 3 days.  Now 80 + days most all the difficulties are gone with the exception of my increased tinnitus episodes and bursting headaches.  Takes a while, but all this is improving, and darn well worth my suffering, cause I'm now not dependent on nicotine, but I am still a addict !