cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

nick

First time quitter..

Well, I hit the wall. I cant breathe, with gas prices hitting $4.00 a gallon I can no longer afford smoking, and a mother who is awaiting blood results on a lung disease are all reasons I need to at least make an attempt at quitting. Do you guys ever remember the first time you picked up a smoke? I can remember and for some reason here lately I can not get that memory out of my head. I was only 11 years old. Then the "what if's" start up...what if I never took that first drag? What if I had just said no? What if I would have listened to my parent's that told me that they were bad for me..as they took a drag lol. I saw the commercial for becomeanex.org and something inside of me said to at least give it one good shot. My doctor put me on Wellbutrin for depression and I later found that my urge to smoke was going away. I hope that I can better my life at only twenty. Good luck to everyone!

Nick
0 Kudos
2 Replies
nick

Thank you for all your support! I have just recently moved to a town waaay out in the boonies and have not made many friends yet. I saw this website and thought that with the support of other people going through the same thing that I am, it would be worth giving it a shot. Not only am I trying to quit smoking but I am trying to lose a few pounds! I am fighting not only one addiction but several...I got addicted to pot, coke, pills, and alcohol. My mom running out on me is the best thing that has ever happened to me. It gave me a chance to quit. I did good for about 4 months...no weed, no coke, very limited alcohol. However, I had my wisdom teeth taken out and they gave me extremely strong painkillers. After all that trying to stay away..I got sucked right back in. It sucks.

I recently got my rebate check from the government. I took it as an opportunity to get out of the house and do something. So I went back to my home state of Ohio to visit friends and family...bad idea. Ever since the doctor had put me on Wellbutrin, I have been doing ok deeling with all the emotions that go on with fighting addiction. However it does not mix with Grey Goose, Jager, Bourbon, and beer. Next thing you know its memorial day weekend, I'm smashed and I start a path of destruction. I'm punching holes in walls, trying to drive home at 2 at night. And then all of the sudden, I felt reality hit me right in the face, I need to stay away for good. I know that this is all about quiting cigarettes, but I really had no one to talke to. So I'm finally making my addictions known. The first step to solving a problem is admitting you have one, right? Anyway, thank you for your time and good luck to you as well!

Nick
0 Kudos