cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lqsi12

CDC: Tips from Former Smokers Videos

So I found this page Video's and tips of former smokers So happy to share this here.....

but really wish I could share it with young folks that start this addiction....   

these are not scare tactics these are real lives of people suffering, just like many of us here

shame on big tobacco for their neglect and sneaky behavior

5 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great resource! lqsi12 I updated the title a little bit so that people click on it and check out your post.  Thanks for sharing!

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
lqsi12

Thanks Mark, really should not take all the credit for that, LindaLouise‌ post lead me there with a mention on blog with her sciatica.  You see, I to have sciatica, so researching it I found that that can be very very likely be a disease caused by smoking.  So many times like so many others here look at why did we ever start !  JonesCarpeDiem‌ has brought up a HUGE topic, it even is making the local news around here, do to kids in school.  Seems these so called "harmless" products are causing more addictions now and in the very near future.  

What really concerns me is, if our leader are aware of these issues why not take steps to avoid future problems  

sweetplt

Scary stuff...Thanks for sharing...I wonder lqsi12 if the youth would see it and say..."That's not going to happen to me..."...remember those days... ~ Colleen 123 DOF 

lqsi12

sweetplt‌ yep your quite right, we were invincible ( just goes to show us )     

Chatting with another group in Australia about some TV advertisements there, he said that they have even stopped running those scare tactic type of ad's cause they did not help.  What they have told me is a 20 count pack of smokes there is around 20-25 U.S. dollars, thats a real good deterrent 

sweetplt

Whoa that is expensive... definite deterrent ...lqsi12 

0 Kudos