cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jonise

How can i talk to someone to get started on the patches to help me quit

Jump to solution

My sister recommended this site and is doing well with the patches how do I get a coach to help me

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jonise

Welcome! That's great that your sister recommended you to us. 

Re: Patches: Do you happen to know what her username is on the site? It could help me with more context. We do have some people who have access to additional premium features because they are sponsored by their employer, their health plan provider or they were randomly selected for a study with us. Most people however do not have access to such additional features and contact their state's quit line at 800-QUIT-NOW to see if their eligible for NRT.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

7 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jonise

Welcome! That's great that your sister recommended you to us. 

Re: Patches: Do you happen to know what her username is on the site? It could help me with more context. We do have some people who have access to additional premium features because they are sponsored by their employer, their health plan provider or they were randomly selected for a study with us. Most people however do not have access to such additional features and contact their state's quit line at 800-QUIT-NOW to see if their eligible for NRT.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jonise

Please don't forget to come back and respond to the responses you've been provided.

NAQC Quitline Map  is the link to all state quit lines.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Sootie

Most states have 1-800 quit lines.......look under social services or contact your local American Cancer Society or see if your health care plan has a quit smoking option. If you are buying cigarettes, I'll bet patches are a comparable price to a carton of cigarettes.

We are not coaches (again, your health care plan or the American Cancer Society might be able to help you with that).....but we are here for support. We are quitters just like you and we are here to help others quit. Stick around, read the posts, comment or write one of your own. This is the BEST place for support and friendship while quitting.

Welcome to EX....we are all here for each other.

virgomama

Sootie is right.  A box of nicotine patches is about the same as a carton of cigarettes.  I used the patches to quit and found them very helpful.  I hope you find a coach.  There is a wealth of information and support on this site.  Please come back.  Even just to browse and read.  The information here is invaluable in helping set you up for success in quitting.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Your sister recommended the right place to get support to quit smoking. As far as getting patches that information has already been given but let me advise you on the most important thing no matter how you choose to quit that education is the key to a successful quit.  Start first by educating yourself on addiction to nicotine. Foundation For A Successful Quit‌ this blog will give you a jump start.  Also, it is advisable to read Allen Carr's Easyway to Quit Smoking which can be found on pdf on the web.  Another good site to get info is www.whyquit.com.  There are several articles to read.  Nicotine 101 and Freedom From Nicotine My Journey Home.  Quitting takes planning and preparation go to EX Plan | BecomeAnEX  to decide how you are going to go about quitting. To get help on navigating the site go to. Community He My lp‌.  Again Welcome, there is more to come.  If you have any questions you can do a search with the magnifying to respond glass type any keywords and research.  If you have any questions just ask and give us the opportunity to respond.  We are here for you. 

Sek4110

I have been using patches and am doing well. My quit day was March 23rd

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sek4110 wrote:

I have been using patches and am doing well. My quit day was March 23rd

Looks like your quit date is currently 3/8/19 on community. Check out How do I get my quit date to show on the community? to see how to sync it up.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos