cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Roller831

The Daily Pledge - April 2019

Happy April everyone and welcome to the Daily Pledge in the Celebrations & Events‌ community where we can meet daily to take another person's hand and make our commitment stronger.

"The first of April is the day we remember what we are the other 364 days of the year." - Mark Twain

April 1 is known to many as April Fools' Day only the Daily Pledge is not fooling anyone!  Our daily commitment to not smoke, no matter what, is sometimes the ONE thing that gets us through the day without a puff - NOPE!  Not One Puff EVER! 

April is also known to many as Autism Awareness month.  April 2 is World Autism Awareness day.  I will tell you I have a son who has autism so we celebrate his abilities every day and are well too aware on a daily basis and not just for the month of April.  I can say the best thing I ever did for myself and my family was to quit smoking!  While I am not on the site as much anymore due to a busy job (so my husband can stay home with our children), I think of everyone here daily and want to shout from the rooftops how AWESOME it is to not smoke anymore!

Don't be a fool on April 1 or the other 364 days of the year!  Pledge not to smoke today (and everyday), no matter what,  and Extend your hand to the nEXt EXer who chooses to pledge the same.  It is a choice.  Make the best choice!  

If you are ready to pledge, this is how you do it!

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.Latest Reply.png
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.pagination.png
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.Reply.png
  3. You've made your pledge.  Come back tomorrow and pledge again.
  4. Check out this handy quit calendar to calculate your DOF!  EX Quit Calculator or check out My Quit Plan.

As you go through your day you know that you have these two people with you and all of you are keeping each other strong. How cool is that! 

Labels (1)
501 Replies
Roller831

Hello April and good morning to Kkplayhouse‌!  I am happy to take your hand out of March and pull you into April this fine and sunny morning (although a bit cold) in the midwest as I pledge not to smoke today, NMW, and EXtend my free hand to the nEXt EXer who chooses to pledge the same!

Roller  649 DOF

pastedImage_1.jpg

DonnaMarie

Hiya roller831‌! I was looking for the April pledge, and here it is. Thanks for your hand. Here's mine for the next person who wishes to pledge not to smoke with me today.

Donna

Day 104

anaussiemom

Good Morning Donna. I take your hand and pledge not to smoke.  Extend my hand to the next person.

april.jpgSpeak up for the animals Namaste!

elvan

Good morning anaussiemom‌ and thanks for your hand on this 1st day of April AND your quit.  I am happy to take that hand as I pledge not to smoke today, no matter what.  I offer my free hand to the next person who is ready to pledge with us.

Ellen 1898 DOF

sweetplt

Good Morning Ellen, I will gladly take your hand and pledge not to smoke today.  I will offer my other hand to the next pledge...Colleen ~ 119 DOF

AnnetteMM

Happy April, Colleen! Here's my hand for the month, and I'll take on the next to pledge.

Joannkc

Hi I'm Joann day one with the nicotine patch after 5 weeks smoke free with the patch I fell off but I'm getting back on this is my first post and I am new to ex not sure if this is the correct way to post but I'm a quick learner and thank you all so much for having me

Nanalori

Hi Joann, welcome to ex!!! I gladly accept your hand as I pledge NOT today. I offer my other hand to next in line.

Giulia

Thanks for your hand, Nana.  No fool me.  Not a puff goes in this mouth this day.  Promise!  Holding out my hand for the next to say the same.

Joannkc‌  Glad you found the right page and us.  And glad you're back in the saddle.  Yell if you need help.

Cherry 5396.JPG

(4779 Days of Freedom)